G/N hotrod project

I wanna see a burn out pics to see the diesel smoke billowing from the car as much as the tiires! The car is perfect IMO, I'd be tempted to do a 1" drop front spring, but I know w/ so much extra weight, that'd be hard to do and the car not suffer.
How much heavier is the diesel set-up? (VS LC2.....which I realize it never had....but that's our measuring mark here obv.)

I wanna see a burn out pics to see the diesel smoke billowing from the car as much as the tiires! The car is perfect IMO, I'd be tempted to do a 1" drop front spring, but I know w/ so much extra weight, that'd be hard to do and the car not suffer.
How much heavier is the diesel set-up? (VS LC2.....which I realize it never had....but that's our measuring mark here obv.)

Burn out pics will be available soon...:D

The car weighs about 4400lb (estimated)

Coolest hybrid car I've seen in a long time. Very clean, very impressive. Now torch those tires and post a video link with sound.

thats so bad ass, but why cant the car be lighter:(.

I agree with you..I wish it was lighter too, but it is what it is.

I guess the 850lb Diesel Engine didn't help or the 4L85E trans with triple plate torque convertor, cage, dynamat, complete sound system, 18" wide tire/wheel combo, heavy radiator, a huge trans cooler with fans, fuel and oil coolers....etc.

I guess if I realy wanted to I could strip it down to maybe 4100lb

BUT...with an expected 1000lb/ft TQ to the wheel I don't think its going to be much of an issue. :wink:

How much does a stock grand national weighs? 3500lb?

ODD GNX

Uh...those diesel engines are HEAVY! Not to mention the tranny that goes with them. With that much torque, the weight will not be a big problem. Ever been for a ride in a Ford Lightning? It is very heavy but the torque makes it seem very light.
Conrad

Here are some snapshot of a short video I took today.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,864
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,959
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,854
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Image0.jpg
    Image0.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,857
That is seriously the most bad ass original thing I have seen in a VERY long time... I dont get excited over much, but HOLY CRAP THATS SWEET!!!! When I first stareted reading this thread I was thinking that you must be some goofball who wanted big ass rims... and then you started posting pics... I think you could start your own cult with that car... I honestly want to go to cali just to see that car...

So have you had any random guys offer you their girlfriends/wives for that car yet?:D

Im sending this thread to all of my car buddies...

That is seriously the most bad ass original thing I have seen in a VERY long time... I dont get excited over much, but HOLY CRAP THATS SWEET!!!! When I first stareted reading this thread I was thinking that you must be some goofball who wanted big ass rims... and then you started posting pics... I think you could start your own cult with that car... I honestly want to go to cali just to see that car...

So have you had any random guys offer you their girlfriends/wives for that car yet?:D

Im sending this thread to all of my car buddies...

Thank you...sometimes its simply comments like yours that make it all worthwhile.

OH BTW if you do decide to make the trip all the way to Kalifornia please PM me a photo of your girlfriend first :biggrin:

Very nice, how much time and $ do you have in her. Man that thing is awsome. Its nice to see something other than the black car with a v6.

That sound , that smoke, those massive tires spinning like 1/2 spares....I am nearly speechless. I'd love to see some dyno #s, we know its a tire scorcher, but to what degree, the TQ will let us know!