G bodyparts.com, do you have an update on my order? It's been way too long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I placed an order for a Caspers knock gauge, the black bezel/black face one on Dec 5 and paid $100.92 for it via Paypal the same day. The order # was 2804.

You told me around Dec 8 the item "drop shipped", but does it really take over a month for a part to ship? Something's not right.

Then you've replied to maybe 2 of the 10 + emails I have sent.

Please either send me a refund or send my part. Thanks.

I've been waiting on some sun visors and a Qboost controller for over a month now. I have emailed several times. Finally I asked for a refund, never got that either.

I placed an order for a Caspers knock gauge on Dec 5 ...

and paid $100.92 for it via Paypal the same day.

The order # was 2804.

You told me around Dec 8 the item "drop shipped",

but does it really take over a month for a part to ship?

Something's not right.

Then you've replied to maybe 2 of the 10 + emails I have sent.

Please either send me a refund or send my part. Thanks.

"Drop shipped" in this case would mean your knock gauge would

be coming to you directly from Casper's Electronics

(Meaning your order for a knock gauge had to be sent on to Caspers to ship)

Suggest you contact John Spina at Casper's directly
for direct info about your order. John Spina is
never difficult to reach. He'll be all over this at once
the moment you give him the above info on your order.

John will get to the root of why, seven weeks later, it came to this.

And knowing John Spina, he will not be happy about this.

However, you will be very glad you got in direct communication w/him.

Good luck & keep us posted.

I've been waiting on some
sun visors and a Qboost controller
for over a month now.

I have emailed several times.

Finally I asked for a refund,
never got that either.

What happens when you've called?

No messages of any kind
(e-mails, USPS mail, answering machine)
were ever returned?

What's your next step?

That's some serious $$$$$$
for you or any one to just
walk away & "forget about".

Good luck & keep us posted.

Guys,

Brian had a heart attack. He's doing better, and he's back at his shop. He is balancing the need to run the business, and not stressing his way into another cardiac event.

I've talked to him several times this week- he's never hung up on me, and he's doing his best to make things right.

Hope this helps clear some of the "where's Brian" mystery.

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware Mr. Weaver had a heart attack. I hope he is recovering ok.

However I think he is getting me squared away. I received an email confirmation tracking number last night that shows a 1 lb package is coming out of Edenton NC which isn't far from Ahoskie where Gbodyparts.com is located.

Yes I do understand "drop shipped" means it is coming directly from the manufacturer, but it typically doesn't take this long to receive an item. I am understanding that sometimes **** does happen, but usually does not take this long. And then with the unanswered e-mails over the wide time frame....well i really didn't know what to expect.

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

What chaps my ass are all the jerkoffs that are so quick to jump on the "worst case scenario" bandwagon, without knowing (or even trying to ascertain) the facts.

Case in point- Jack Armstrong's post about drop ship, and how you should contact John Spina (who won't be happy). Jack, you don't have anything better to do than toss out seeds of discord? You don't have squat to do with the transaction- but you seem to be very quick to want to smear Gbodyparts.

All this from a guy who registered in January 2008, and with 80 posts already. Interesting.

Agreed that crap happens- hell, I even had a fairly large order with Gbody get a little crazy. Brian made it right- even thru the crap he was going thru at the time.

I've been to his shop and his home- I know his family, and consider him a friend. I can say that most of the wankers that complain don't have a clue about the hours that Gbody puts in, or the amount of crap they have to put up with.

I want vendors that support our "disease"- God knows there are few enough of them out there, and even less that are taking the time to bring new products to us.

I'd had my vent. I'm done.

FWIW, I called Brian las week to chat, and that's how I heard about his medical emergency. He's doing his best to catch up.

What chaps my ass are all the jerkoffs that are so quick to jump on the "worst case scenario" bandwagon, without knowing (or even trying to ascertain) the facts.

Case in point- Jack Armstrong's post about drop ship, and how you should contact John Spina (who won't be happy). Jack, you don't have anything better to do than toss out seeds of discord? You don't have squat to do with the transaction- but you seem to be very quick to want to smear Gbodyparts.

All this from a guy who registered in January 2008, and with 80 posts already. Interesting.

Agreed that crap happens- hell, I even had a fairly large order with Gbody get a little crazy. Brian made it right- even thru the crap he was going thru at the time.

I've been to his shop and his home- I know his family, and consider him a friend. I can say that most of the wankers that complain don't have a clue about the hours that Gbody puts in, or the amount of crap they have to put up with.

I want vendors that support our "disease"- God knows there are few enough of them out there, and even less that are taking the time to bring new products to us.

FWIW, I called Brian las week to chat, and that's how I heard about his medical emergency. He's doing his best to catch up.

is G-Body a one man "Show"

BTW get well Brian

Well I finally received my gauge today after the long wait.

Thanks Gbodyparts.com for making things right. This is what I value the most.

I shall continue to buy more parts from them.

part

Yeah, I've been a past customer of gbody also, sometimes service is ok, but I ordered a part over a week ago, never got an email response or call back, don't know.

Next time you talk with bweavy on the phone, might ask him to go back and answer all the emails he doesnt respond to, then maybe threads like this wont be brought up?

I dont understand how you can group these people as jerkoffs when they have legitimate gripes with the way bweavy does business, mistreats them, and doesnt deliver the parts on time, or ever at all :confused: Then once the bitch session is over, either they get their parts, or just write it off never to do business with him again?

I heard a great one today from a local guy, he purchased some upper and lower rear control arms and a turbo tweak chip from gbody parts before the sickness and heart attack....

Ended up getting a Jay Carter chip with no instructions, no bushings for the control arms, no hardware kit for the control arms and was told by brian that the Jay Carter chip was better because his car had mods done to it.

I heard this TODAY in person, and was disgusted to say the least.... To top it off, the customer was overcharged by 150.00 for the parts, then had to prove by bank statement that it was true and was refunded the money. Just to be charged 75.00 shipping on some items that IMHO would be 1/3 of that. :eek: Still not resolved :eek:

Turned to another turbo buick guy, and about a year ago his bank account got double dipped for a heated 02 sensor kit for 89.00 ?? Thats still not resolved.
I think that if someone sets a pattern and is does business like this, and everybody comes here flying off the handle, just might be so damn fet up with how Bweavy treats them they are trying to send a message to other turbo buick people on this site to beware, yah just might get screwed!
Hopefully with his new crew, then he will sort out all the bad in the past. :confused:

I really like and get along with bweavy, and im sure this isnt the time to kick him in the nuts, but damn man, customer service should be #1 right after the family.
And i am tired of reading all these god damn threads kicking him in the nuts!

No hard feelings BW, i just hate reading these threads about you, it doesnt make our community look good.

BW:smile:

My only opinion about this entire Gbodyparts mess as of late is this. We all have families. We all have stress. We all have health issues. We are all trying to balance the 900 different responsibilities we have. But if one of your responsibilities is sending out items that customers have paid for, you can't let that get compromised. One person having a health issue should not bring an entire company to a hault. If Brian single-handedly packages and ships every item and nobody else could pick up in his absense, then it's no wonder he ran into health issues.

A lot of people have the attitude that "Buick vendors aren't easy to come by and we can't just order our parts from Summit/Jegs. We should be kinder to our vendors". I think that's BS. We have a limited amount of vendors yes, but they also have a limited customer base. We can piss off all the vendors until there's no place to buy turbo Buick parts, but just as easily, the vendors can make enough of us upset that they lose their market. We can't get Buick parts from Jegs, but they can't find as many customers as if they were selling parts for V8 350s either. There should be equal respect and appreciation on both sides, none of this "worship the vendors" garbage. People act like if 2 or 3 vendors packed up and left the scene we'd all be screwed. I don't think so. You can find stuff on eBay. You can find stuff through other TR owners. And there can always be a new vendor to open up and take someone's place. This attitude that vendors are hard to come by and customers should shut up and be happy to get a part when they feel like shipping it is wrong.

This is just a general observation and not an attack on one vendor. The few times I've used Gbodyparts has been fine. I have other vendors already on my "poop list" that I will not order from again.

The bottom line is customers should get what they paid for in a timely fashion. There is no other part to this equation. None of this "appreciate the vendors we do have". It doesn't matter if there was one person in a shack in the middle of nowhere as our only vendor. If they screwed up they should still hear about it, without fear that they would "pack up and go away". Customers earn the right to have a critical voice because of the money we spend. The vendor caters to us. Not the other way around.

Ditto on the last two posts. I run a business myself and have employees that I put faith in to make sure our customers are taken care of with deliveries and pickups, whether I am here or not.

Next time you talk with bweavy on the phone, might ask him to go back and answer all the emails he doesnt respond to, then maybe threads like this wont be brought up?

I dont understand how you can group these people as jerkoffs when they have legitimate gripes with the way bweavy does business, mistreats them, and doesnt deliver the parts on time, or ever at all :confused: Then once the bitch session is over, either they get their parts, or just write it off never to do business with him again?

I heard a great one today from a local guy, he purchased some upper and lower rear control arms and a turbo tweak chip from gbody parts before the sickness and heart attack....

Ended up getting a Jay Carter chip with no instructions, no bushings for the control arms, no hardware kit for the control arms and was told by brian that the Jay Carter chip was better because his car had mods done to it.

I heard this TODAY in person, and was disgusted to say the least.... To top it off, the customer was overcharged by 150.00 for the parts, then had to prove by bank statement that it was true and was refunded the money. Just to be charged 75.00 shipping on some items that IMHO would be 1/3 of that. :eek: Still not resolved :eek:

Turned to another turbo buick guy, and about a year ago his bank account got double dipped for a heated 02 sensor kit for 89.00 ?? Thats still not resolved.
I think that if someone sets a pattern and is does business like this, and everybody comes here flying off the handle, just might be so damn fet up with how Bweavy treats them they are trying to send a message to other turbo buick people on this site to beware, yah just might get screwed!
Hopefully with his new crew, then he will sort out all the bad in the past. :confused:

I really like and get along with bweavy, and im sure this isnt the time to kick him in the nuts, but damn man, customer service should be #1 right after the family.

No hard feelings BW, i just hate reading these threads about you, it doesnt make our community look good.

Good points all, Bryan.

My rant is was with the "gang mentality" that suddenly appears when a feedback report is posted. I completely understand and agree with wanting assurance that a vendor is able to fill orders in a timely manner. What I don't agree with is, and where my venom is directed, is at comments such as Jack Amrstrong's postings in this thread.

I've had minimal trouble contacting Bryan, and I suggest that all that have a bitch with him get on the horn.

Apologies for any that took offense.

I agree with those posts as well I agree with those posts as well and i have an issue with a vendor on this site. Now i know if i post the issue with the numerous emails saved vm's etc i will still get jumped on by the said vendor, without even knowing the circumstances....its always, i have never had problem with X.
Remember customers pay first then get the parts etc. not the other way around.

We all make mistakes even vendors.... Too many people take the side of the vendor every time.

There are good TR owners that had had bad experiences with vendors. **** happens...Grow up fix the problem and continue to let these people buy from you even when YOU made the mistake.

I have spent more money on these cars than the avg buick owner. not all just the average and I have tried to spend my money with many vendors to spread the wealth. I personally have never screwed anyone over on this site. And i never would. there are not enough of us around to do this to.

We are not Mustang owners (svtperformance.com has over 67,000 members for example) where the vendors can afford to ignore or treat us poorly. Now I know there are many crappy members in the community but when a vendor treats this group of extremly loyal albeit too cheap members and more importantly CUSTOMERS, this becomes a much larger problem.

enough ranting...later..

I agree with those posts as well and i have an issue with a vendor on this site. Now i know if i post the issue with the numerous emails saved vm's etc i will still get jumped on by the said vendor.
I have spent more money on these cars than the avg buick owner. not all just the average and i have tried to spend my money with many vendors to spread the so called wealth

Say it isnt so!

BW

BW no hard feelings after all the dealings we have had & how well you know me? I sell Turbo tweak chips & Jay Carger's Chip depending on the customers needs. If I wasn't here due to my lack of CUS@Bweavyservice I'll make it right.
If you read my post I fired 5 people who didn't care about doing there job.
I even had 2 come back since & want their jobs back answer is no.

"was told by brian that the Jay Carter chip was better because his car had mods done to it."
That quote is total BS. I spend alot of time on the phone with customers & consider myself the worst salesman on the EARTH! I do not push anything. If it isn't in stock I drop ship. The customer wasn't sure of future upgrades. This gave him options with out getting his chip re-burned.
I'm calling Eric tonight to Keep more of his chips in stock for walk in customers.
I didn't realize that Jay Carter Chips weren't any good. I normally suggest them when people are buying injectors & a fuel pump/hot wire kit.They have future plans but are not sure at that time which combos they are going to add. Eric burns a hell of a chip & I also feel so does Jay.

As far as being over charged or under charged it does happen people make mistakes. It is how you take care of it.
I had about 30 + shipments that were shipped out & shipping wasn't charged.
I go back & let the customer know what happened. There response well it is your screw up & I shouldn't have to pay. I explain well it was owed but you were able to keep your $ & we now need to charge you. Response if you do I'll just do a charge back which will cost you $25.00 any way.We have never went to a customer & asked for bank statements. All charges on your copy of the receipt. The CC statement is attached to it.

The Customer service my friend burns my ass. Do you know why I was in FL. I had a customer that had major disabilities & couldn't travel.
I drove down there to help him out on his GN. Got tired of fixing it over the phone.
Got back just to find out his CC wouldn't go thru now. No return calls & I'm out about $4500.00. Yes the majority of that was the cost of travel & parts. I charged him $500 labor. Wouldn't have mattered if I charged him $1.00!!!

I was here Sunday from 10-9 pm Sunday night helping customers who own their own business like I do & just can't leave it during the week.

BW my friend you have an open invite to stop in 1 day & see what happens here. I think if you had a taste of the amount of calls & e-mails that travel thru here in 1 day you would realize why I'm so far behind after being gone for 10.

I know it's cold & your stuck in a house but the day I make the Buick Community look bad is the day I retire & hand you the business. People with a glass house do not throw stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.