fwd roller and non roller cam parts in gn motor w/pictures

Any one have a spider, dog bones and lifters for this application that they want to sell?
OR
Are these parts available NEW from some where?
thanks

they list everything you need if you read up the thread a little.

I just went and bought it all from Vato-zone yesterday.

A.j.

idea

I haven’t measured anything; but have wondered if you could load a spider like you do a lifter in a rev-kit? That is; could you place a couple of large valve springs on top of the spider so that the intake pushed it down? It would take a whole ‘nother level of engineering that would probably make aftermarket roller lifters look like a bargain..

That sounds like an idea worth of try ..

the springs would need to hold the spider down against something,

so you would need to make something to go under the spider, for the springs to push against.

Then you would need a friend to help you install the manifold....

B

so you would need to make something to go under the spider, for the springs to push against.
B

+1 :) Plus you would need something to keep it from walking either sideways or front to back.

The springs would push against the manifold and the spider. The spider would be suspended between the springs and the lifter dog-bones. Like I said; I haven't measured anything; and it might still need something to keep it centered.

Then you would need a friend to help you install the manifold....

B

Ok; it won’t work for me. No friends.

they list everything you need if you read up the thread a little.

I just went and bought it all from Vato-zone yesterday.

A.j.

Vato-Zone= AutoZone???

if so i was just at their site and i couldn't find Dog-bones or spiders only lifters. Do you have part # that you can share?

If any one goes or is going to the yards pick me up a set (spider and dog-bones)
thanks

So far up to 6k..will have to check my logs for anything more...
With the 218 billet roller I'm sure it will hit 6200...
Most of the time I have my eyes glued to the road once she starts going
sideways,also have to be on the look out for 5.0 on the street...lol
Once I get to the track I will be able to log more data..

did a short run down the street and tires spun through 1st and 2nd ,but managed to spin rpm up to 5825k rpm before I got to end of street in my neighborhood...:D

Vato-Zone= AutoZone???

if so i was just at their site and i couldn't find Dog-bones or spiders only lifters. Do you have part # that you can share?

If any one goes or is going to the yards pick me up a set (spider and dog-bones)
thanks

Autozone and advanced discount auto parts,chevy dealer and other parts stores carry the fwd roller lifters for different applications,not sure on the dog bones and retainer...Local salvage yard would be a better choice for those two items...

Spider / Dog bones

Great thread ! Started parts gathering already.

I have (2) extra sets of lifter guide retainers (spider) and lifter guides (dogbones) to do this project. PM me.

$60 shipped for each

P1000816.jpg

Ok - $50 shipped for each set.

any OE part numbers on those things (dog bones and hold down)?

What are the correct names for these parts? OR under what name would a parts yard and / or dealer have them listed under?
thanks

If any one else has a set of "dog bones and hold down" for sale let me know.

up date

Went out today and ran up on a ls1 trans am,sounding radical and heavy..We pulled up to the red light together,and I said to myself I hope he doesn't try me..He begin to rev his engine at the lite,I gave him the hit when the light turn green...when the smoke cleared,he was 3 car lengths behind me..hehehe..and that was only at 15 psi boost...I guess he thought the 8 point roll cage was for show..That was on 275/60/ 15 street tires and bad rear control arms that's comng out next week...
Going to be building another engine in a few months with fwd roller lifter parts..Hope to get some time slips soon...love my new ptc converter...makes a big difference on my car spooling up...