fwd roller and non roller cam parts in gn motor w/pictures

update

went out in parking lot and tried boosting up on foot brake and e-brake and was able to boost up to 15lbs of boost..man what a feeling.car had raised up like it was going to pull the wheels off the ground if I let it go.can't wait to get to the track..I wanted to see if I could boost up to 20lbs on footbrake and e-brake but decided to wait for the track...I think 12lbs on footbrake should be a good run if I don't smoke the tires...:biggrin::biggrin:

up date

I have new motor going in so this one will be coming out and I will be using rjc girdle form this motor for new forged build which consist of eagle crank,rods,je pistons,billet center caps,and rjc girdle..I may be putting these short block engine parts up for sale,if I do here is what I have..
1) 40 over trw/speed pro pistons on polished rods with arp bolts(rings7k miles)
2)fwd roller lifters ,retainer and dog bones
3)used front cover/water pump minus oil pump
4)30 over trw/speed pro pistons on polished rods wirh arp bolts with rings(10k miles)
note-If anyone wants to know,this engine performed great,never had any problems with oil pressure...After breaking my ptc converter I pulled motor to freshen it up and decided to go forged since I already had the parts..Not sure if I will sell parts yet as I may keep engine for back up or put in another car..look for pictures of new build coming soon..

up date

Well I decided to freshen up motor and put it back in car while I continue to build forged motor,so stay tuned for more...I changed girdles..I'm using cat girdle now on fwd roller motor and rjc girdle on forged motor.The cat girdle I have lines up with all the bolt holes,so I'm guessing this is one of their later versions.may open up the drainage holes for oil return..This should be interesting...:)

update 11-2-11

machine shop finished freshening up motor..will start putting it back together..Stay tuned for round 2 ....engine will be put back together with fwd lifters and dog bones..cam is weber 218 with t+d 1.65 roller rockers..

Attachments

• engine biuld 11-2-11.jpg
    engine biuld 11-2-11.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 352
fwd roller cam parts -update (round-2)

Finally got the short block back together with engine girdle and roller cam...Next is to degree the cam and clean lifters..
also order a set of head gaskets and others gaskets..The weather is starting to get cold here and I want to have this thing
done soon..note-I am running a weber billet 218 roller cam with the fwd roller lifters and dog bones with t+d 1.65 roller rockers,my lift
will be somewhere near .560 lift.. check out the nose gear on front of cam..

Attachments

• engine build 12-1-11.jpg
    engine build 12-1-11.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 389
  • engine build 12-1-11(2).jpg
    engine build 12-1-11(2).jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 375
up date

I get alot of questions on where to find parts,so here is a list of the cars to locate the lifters, dog bones and retainers from-

1)fwd roller lifter cars-
1991 - present fwd roller lifter cars with 3100v6,3400v6,4 cyl engines,2.8 litre v6
chevy cavalier/chevy monte carlo/pointiac sunbird/grand prix/chevy camaro and possibly others
These lifters can be bought new from dealer , auto parts store or local salvage yards
autozone part# jb-2270
gm ac delco part#HL118

2)fwd dog bones and retainer cars-
1986-89 3800 v6
buick lesabre/olds royale/delta 88-98/bonneville and possibly others
These parts can be found in local salvage yards,maybe discontinued at dealer

Hopefully this information will be enough to get you pointed in the right direction...:)

Attachments

• roller lifters,dog bones and retainer.jpg
    roller lifters,dog bones and retainer.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 300
update on build

Installed heads yesterday with a set of comectic head gaskets.just need to degree the cam and install fwd parts and then install intake..may go with rjc oil pan,but not sure yet.Have to get headers welded for now until I can get a new set.Ready to get this thing done,but have to work on it on days off,so will try to keep the updates coming...

Attachments

• engine photo.jpg
    engine photo.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 264
almost done with motor,just sat intake on for a few pictures..ready to get on the road..would like to run a te45a or 67 turbo on the street for a while to see how it would work with converter...with 1.65 roller rockers,will check pushrod length,may need to change...

Attachments

• engine photo 2-8-12.jpg
    engine photo 2-8-12.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 251
  • engine photo2 2-8-12.jpg
    engine photo2 2-8-12.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 250
Rear end is done-
moser axles/c-clip eliminators/eaton posi/3.23 gears/billet yoke
longer studs/new bearing kit/rear girdle cover/s-10 wheel cylinders
aluminum drums/soft brake shoes/3 inch dom custom drive shaft for th400 tranny,
all built by advanced driveline in orlando,fl...
rear end 1.jpg
rear end 2.jpg
rear end 3.jpg

New motor is done,fired up today on first crank after priming oil and fuel.oil pressure was 70 psi cold and 25 psi hot,,sounds tight and lifters quiet at around .600 lift with 1.65 roller rockers and fwd roller lifters.also installed custom push rods from comp cams..hope to get new rear end in soon and change front pump and to rmvb on th400 transmission..
new motor 4-30-2012.jpg

Thanks, went out driving all day yesterday.only boosted up to 5lbs while going down highway at 70mph.car gets up to speed without any effort.Need to get a new set of spark plug wires and resurface exhaust manifolds and get them ceramic coated..Have to adjust shifter cable and get some new tires,now that all the work is just about done,time to start tuning and workng out a few bugs..

update--
Car is running great..I can really feel the power around 15bs.Went up to 18lbs and could feel the car lifting the front end..Did a burn out for the guys at the machineshop..boosted up to 10lbs an let it rip..car was all over the road while I peddled it between 15 to 18lbs,felt like I was riding on ice..So I decided to turn the boost down for now until I can do some tuning,although I had no detonation at 18lbs with dual alky kits on,I turn one of the kits off for now to run around 14lbs..going to put on t-type wheels and street tires until I get a new pair of drag radials..Had a chance to beat up on a new cobra mustang and Ls1 trans am while out crusing..my friend had a chance to see how fast the new converter spools the car up..I had my art carr 9inch built by fti competition converters in deland,fl..owner claim it would hold up in his 7 second dragster and I told him then I shouldn't have any problems running 7's...The room got silent,then I said in the 8th and everyone started laughing...lol Hope to get some tuning in soon,but with all the rainy weather we're having everything is on hold for now..