Fwd convert to RWD

79bird

Do the '96 and later 3800II's have bosses that can be drilled for Motor mounts? Or are the later Camaro/Firebird V6's Supercharged and all that. I don't know too much about the subject. I'm contemplating a modern powerplant conversion into a '79 Sunbird.

This would of course be with all the associated electronics and things that go with it.

I've contemplated the same converison before, only with a skyhawk. Yes a modified or maybe even stock 3.8 motor mount should work, the mounting flanges and holes are there.

thanks for the reply T, I have all the hardware for The Sunbird. As in the frame plates and mounts. What I'm considering now for a project down the road is the modern motor and wiring harness to upgrade my car to at least the 90's. In the spring I'll be putting a mildly built 4.1 and a TH350 in to replace the 2.5 and TH 200. And once I get the wiring kit and mount made up , a 200R4 will be going in there as well. Just have to get a set of 3.42's from a S-10 Blazer. Posi would be nice even though I won't be racing.