Fuel rail schrader valve - where to get one?

Rogue74

Dumb question, but where can I get a schrader valve to replace the one on my 87 GN fuel rail? Would any auto parts store have them?

Last time I was at the junk yard I picked out a few out of just about any FI GM car.

If you are just wanting the schrader valve, you can use one from a bicycle innertube.

Ha, I just pulled mine out to install a new fuel gauge today. Like everyone else said, just like a bicycle valve.

hmm, I've seen some in bike tubes that have a long end with a spring on the inner part, make sure you don't use one of those, I think there's some rubber in those types that gas would probably deteriorate and maybe leak...I don't know, but would suspect on those type with the spring thingy.

not a bike tube one, buy a CAR valvestem and take the valve out. Or some stores will just sell the valves separately.

GM # 25532663, list price about $5.

A bicycle or AC schrader isnt necessarily compatible with gasoline. The last thing we need is gas dripping onto a hot engine :eek:

I'd get the one listed above just to be safe. :) I wish I had a valve named after me....

I got a couple from NAPA that look right. So I'm guessing they *should* be okay with gas.

GNguy said:
sorry to hijack the thread but what tool do you use to remove this valve?
A valve removal tool that they sell almost anywhere theres automotive items. A very common tool