Fuel Pump Upgrade

Thinking of purchasing the Racetronix G77 fuel pump installation kit. This a good setup for the 87 Buick GN?

THanks,
Kevin

Is this to coincide w/a new pump? You don't have any mod's listed that I can see. A tr needs a good pump along w/a hot wire kit to survive w/the garbage fuel the epa is regulating.
As a general rule, racetronix supplies good stuff and it would aid in the installation of a new pump.

Yes, this is one of other mods I plan on doing. I am just getting a price sheet together and create a budget. Other mods include: scanmaster, valve springs, injectors, performance chip, external trans cooler, torque converter,etc...

If u ever plan on going flex fuel I would upgrade 1 time . I'm runin a 430lph walbro with 80s .

Keep educating yourself and ask questions before making final decisions. You don't want to mis-match your mod's. The re-do gets expensive.

Turbotweak offers performance chips with matching 60lb injectors. What is diff between flow matched and non matched flow injectors? Also which chip should I get street or alcohol?

flow matched means the inj. are tested and matched to w/in 1% of flow rate, which is in my opinion, the correct way to go. There won't be an unbalance between cylinders. I.E. one cylinder running lean or rich over another. You can order the chip for alchy performance in street duty, which is what I did on the 86. Can't beat that combination of 93 and alchy. Allowed me to run as high as 30# on the street. Of course you will have to purchase an alchy kit.
I believe Eric allows a reburn of the chip w/in 1 years time, if you can't afford the alchy kit whenyou order the 60#s and chip you can send it back for the upgrade when you get the alchy kit. He'll correct me if I'm wrong!

Last edited:
flow matched means the inj. are tested and matched to w/in 1% of flow rate, which is in my opinion, the correct way to go. There won't be an unbalance between cylinders. I.E. one cylinder running lean or rich over another. You can order the chip for alchy performance in street duty, which is what I did on the 86. Can't beat that combination of 93 and alchy. Allowed me to run as high as 30# on the street. Of course you will have to purchase an alchy kit.
I believe Eric allows a reburn of the chip w/in 1 years time, if you can't afford the alchy kit whenyou order the 60#s and chip you can send it back for the upgrade when you get the alchy kit. He'll correct me if I'm wrong!
How does the alchy system work? Is it injected into the system all the time?

No, it is triggered by the boost level. You only run it when you need it, which is anywhere from 10#s up according to your tune. You can check it out on razor's site.

No, it is triggered by the boost level. You only run it when you need it, which is anywhere from 10#s up according to your tune. You can check it out on razor's site.
I appreciate all the info you are sharing. I'm excited about "upgrading" my GN, but I want to do it the correct way and with this forum I can.

Believe me, there is a lot of knowledge on this site and a great bunch of guys willing to help.