fuel pressure will not go be low 41psi

turbo1962

Car seems to be running rich on start up then few minutes seems ok. I have fuel pressure set at 43psi line off,but when i put line back on drops to 41psi you can adjust the regulator but i will not not go any lower. is the return line plugged up?

Hoe big is your fuel pump. I had similar problems with a 340 lph pump and i switched to a 255 lph pump.

Car seems to be running rich on start up then few minutes seems ok. I have fuel pressure set at 43psi line off,but when i put line back on drops to 41psi you can adjust the regulator but i will not not go any lower. is the return line plugged up?
Fuel pump is to big.
Return line is too small.
Return line is kinked or damaged in some way.
Regulator is junk.
Gauge is wrong / inaccurate.

Fuel pump is to big.
Regulator is junk.
See above, I have a 255 and had a stock appearing regulator I had to swap out for the Kirban one. I have my hotwire off at idle also as it bumps pressure 2#. Every car is different. Free to check the return line for damage.

New doesn't mean anything. Many many MANY people have fell down that rabbit hole.

If your gauge is accurate and everything it right it would take right at 4" of vacuum to cause a 2PSI drop. Do you have a portable vacuum gauge?

I had a similar issue years ago. I tried multiple regulators with no change. I disconnected the return line at the regulator and at the gas tank. I blew it out with compressed air in both directions. That fixed the problem. The return line had become restricted at some point and blowing it out pushed the debris out.

Fuel pump is to big.
Regulator is junk.

Got the same results thing with a combination of all these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Original soft lines on the car?
If so, the "nasty gas", w/ corn in it, may have deteriorated the inner liners. Check the filter baskets too.

My thoughts for my blockage was degredation of the rubber lines caused some of the material to clog the return line. Would not hurt to blow it out with air.

Replace your return line with something bigger, or get a bigger feed line and use your current feed line as your return.

I will check the return line car has been setting for a while. The vacuum gauge is at -16 at idle.My blm was at 109-110 so i thought i would turn down fuel pressure but it would not go down. thanks

IMOP the fuel pressure isn't the issue. Also why would you want fuel pressure lower than 41 line on?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not needed. This isn't your issue

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk