fuel pressure will not go be low 41psi

I have installed new fuel pump, new ECM, 02 sensor,coil pack and mod,crank sensor,plugs,wires,MAF and translator off another car that was ok.

Since your idle vacuum is 16", the pressure should be dropping to about 35psi with vacuum line on (or close to that), if you have the line off pressure set to 43.

Vac line to regulator actually have 16" on it? Or, is there a misplaced check valve in there, someplace?

I will have to check. To cold tonight to check it.Thanks
Set your fuel pressure to 50 psi line off. Reconnect the line and observe the pressure drop. If it still drops 1 psi,you have a restriction in the vacuum line or a bad regulator. If the pressure drops 5-7 psi,you have a restriction in the return line.

Was able to make a test, Hooked a gauge to the regulator vac line i have -15 at regulator. turned pressure up to 50 psi with line off.. Hooked line back up it dropped to 44psi. took line off and lower it to 43psi put line back on and stayed at 43psi. Looks like return line is plugged. Thanks for everyones help.

Look at the return line down by the crossmember. There's a bend that likes to kink right at the couplers. If that line get's pinched it can cause high readings.

Pulled the line apart in front of tank . Put air to it blowing bubbles in the tank took off regulator and blew air threw it back to tank everything is clear. put it back together. Set pressure at 43 line off line back on dropped one psi. so i gave the regulator about 2-3 more turns out nothing changed. shut the car off the gauge dropped to 20 psi instance. start it back up stays at 42 turn regulator back in 2-3 turns then shut car off it stays at 40 looks like the fuel pump is putting out more than return line can handle??

Pulled the line apart in front of tank . Put air to it blowing bubbles in the tank took off regulator and blew air threw it back to tank everything is clear. put it back together. Set pressure at 43 line off line back on dropped one psi. so i gave the regulator about 2-3 more turns out nothing changed. shut the car off the gauge dropped to 20 psi instance. start it back up stays at 42 turn regulator back in 2-3 turns then shut car off it stays at 40 looks like the fuel pump is putting out more than return line can handle??
Don't be concerned about what the pressure does when you turn the ignition switch to the off position. Disconnect the front flexible return line where it connects to the hard return line at the drivers side of the front of the engine cross member. Place the open end of the flexible line in a bucket and start the engine and see how low you can get the pressure down to.

FWIW on my car with a 340 in order to get the fuel pressure down when I have to smog it I have to bypass my hotwire kit. With the hotwire it won't drop below ~41 with the line off. Using stock wiring I can adjust it down to the mid 30's for the smog chip. Car has Racetronix 340 and 55# injectors along with new rubber lines and new lines at the motor.