Fuel Line contacting Intercooler Bracket

dabobbo

So when I was replacing my cam and crank sensor I took the intercooler out for clearance and to clean it all up. When putting it back together one of the fuel lines is rubbing against the intercooler bracket, and is about an inch away from the other fuel line. I obviously don't want it rubbing, I'm thinking of relieving the fuel pressure, loosening the fittings on both sides, and seeing if I can get it to sit closer to the other fuel line.

Is there some kind of trick to this? I didn't see the line rubbing before, but it is definitely rubbing now.

just bend it a little for clearence & zip tie it to the other fuel line, thats what i did but i replaced my return line with braided #6 an hose

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

or you could just slit a piece of hose and make a cover for the line and zip tie it in place.

Cool, thanks - those were actually the two things I was thinking of doing, and I'm glad to see others have done it. I think I'll try making a cover for the line first and keep an eye on it for awhile. I get nervous about kinking the line, which is why I didn't try to bend it.

True. With a piece of slit hose covering the abrasion area, you'll have to check on it around 100,000 miles from now. :)