Fuel level float assembly / sender

Johnnie

Hey folks. I believe I'm going to have to replace my fuel level float and sender. I just don't trust my fuel guage as it seems way too inaccurate. Any specific brands or vendors that you recommend or that I should stay away from?
Johnnie

If it's the stock fuel pump in there I'ld replace it while your there. Highwaystars has both analog and digital dash sending units.

Try bending the float arm inward a few degrees. When the tank is full the needle will be on the F and not past it.

my reads way past Full when the tank is full and like 1/2 tank when empty. What should i do in this case?

Before you go through trial and error, use an Ohm meter to check the sender. Full should be 90 Ohms, empty zero Ohms. You can drop the tank, fill it and then test the sender in while the tank is out of the car. A full tank is 17 gallons.

Before you go through trial and error, use an Ohm meter to check the sender. Full should be 90 Ohms, empty zero Ohms. You can drop the tank, fill it and then test the sender in while the tank is out of the car. A full tank is 17 gallons.

Thanks for the info on testing. I'll tuck that little nugget away.:cool:

^^Just to expand on that, I believe the ohm readings for the sending unit are different depending on if you have an analog dash or a digital dash.