Front Bumper Strip

mc71454

The white in my front bumper strip is half missing and the rest is peeling and flaking away. Don't much mind if the strip goes all black as it is in perfect condition besides the white peeling and flaking off.

what is the safest way to remove the last remnants of it? don't want to use a chemical as it would probably discolor the black.

Thanks

Use your fingernail, or the end of a blowgun from a compressor....the white paint comes off very easily.....even a plastic tongue suppressor works safely (those things the doctor uses when he tells you to say "ahhhhhh."

Anyway, easy to take off......just use something non metal and scrape off, it works.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Use your fingernail, or the end of a blowgun from a compressor....the white paint comes off very easily.....even a plastic tongue suppressor works safely (those things the doctor uses when he tells you to say "ahhhhhh."

Anyway, easy to take off......just use something non metal and scrape off, it works.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Thanks Bruce..I worked as much as possible with the fingernail method, just those pesky little bits left... I will have to keep at it. At least I can sit down and relax while doing it.

Thanks again

Once you get all the white trim scraped off you can then put a fresh coat of satin black and it will look good as new.

Thanks Bruce..I worked as much as possible with the fingernail method, just those pesky little bits left... I will have to keep at it. At least I can sit down and relax while doing it.

Thanks again

You're welcome.....don't you just love a job on our Turbo Regals that we can do sitting down?:D Far and few in between...wish more was like that....most of mine is laying on a cement floor (oh, and dropping GN parts on it)

Claude is right also, I couldn't think of the type of thinner that wouldn't harm the bumper strip, as I'm getting old fast....

Thanks, Claude, for letting him (and me) know....I'm writing it down right now.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National