fresh super nice 87 short block ready to go

turboted231

I have a very nice .020 short block with all new parts installed and put together, 206-206 weber hyd cam, .020 forged pistons, new front cover, new rod bolts, rods have been shot peened, beams polished, billet center main caps, main studs The parts came from weber racing in ohio. The crank is stock and std size. 2000.00 firm, we have like 3500 in it, thanks ted 918-724-2950 or turboted231@cox.net ps: e-mail for pic's.

sb

Her is one pic. thanks

Attachments

• 100_2216.jpg
    100_2216.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 695
Who did the machine work? Were the lifter bores checked out, was the block decked/squared, was it honed with a torque plate,if they re TRW pistons-what wristpins were used, was any work done to the front cover, what clearances were used? Very interested need anything in trade like new wheel combinations?

nice s/b

The machine work was done by dicus benton here in tulsa. Most all the turbo buicks are built by him in this area. The old club director Mark Wallace and most all the other turbo buick guys will verify his work, he is first class on his motor builds. The block was squared and decked, stock wrist pins and the lifter bores were checked and are fine. The front cover came from weber racing in ohio and he did the mods on it, along with all the other internal parts, brngs rings pistons, cam ect. the clearances are all at the min factory spec's. No torque plate was used. thanks ted ps: check my previous posts and you will see some of the other motors that dicus built.

The date on your photo say 1/27/2003, is this a updated picture? Also if you still have this next month I would gladly come by and take it off your hands. I live in Omaha NE but I am deployed right now.

Do you know what bearings they used and did weber do the final assembly? When was the block built?

sb

the motor was built a YEAR AGO and shrink wrapped. Chris took the wrap off to take the pic's. Not sure on the brng's that were used, what ever weber sells is what was used. Dicus benton is who assembled the motor. IF anyone wants to know what was used in the motor they can call i think it was chris weber at weber racing and ask him what all we odered. Either for Chris hawk or ted bennett, not sure who's name he put on the invoice. thanks ted /////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ps: I THINK THE CRANK MAY BE CUT 10-10, it's been a while since we built the motor /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ted is the cam a roller? if so does the price include lifters? I dont need a motor but at this price I can stick it in the corner! Thanks!

S/b

No the cam is a 206-206 comp hyd cam, no roller just hyd lifter and it's weber's special grind. You guys better hurry it wont last long and someone is getting a sweet deal------------ thanks ted ;)

I want it but I am over here in the 109 degree desert sun. When I get back I will drive down there and pick it up for sure if its not sold.:biggrin: