Free turbo regal event!!!

I didn't even think about Quaker City, haven't been there in years. Ohio is always overcast and looks like its going to rain. I guess the weather map showed a storm moving toward the track. When I got home the sun was shining too, Ohio weather sucks!! The guy at the track said they didn't have another open day. I will be there in the spring for sure. At least I met a few nice people, still don't know their screen names though.

I HATE MOTHER NATURE:mad:...We were 130 miles into our trip when we got the call that its a no-go. We ended up at Janis' shop shooting the breeze for about 30 min then to Summit and hang out. Parking lot looked like a mini Buick event as everyone who was turning around stopped. Some guys went to Quaker City to race and as far as I know...it never rained a drop:mad:. Well it would have been nice to meet everyone but it'll have to wait til spring. Count me in for sure. :smile:

Coach:biggrin:

Yep she really put it to us!:mad: The owner and I tried to make the call as early as we could. Believe me he really wanted this to happen as did all of us. At 9:45 I posted it to try to save everyone the trips as much as possible. It started drizzling around 12:30 on and off. The temp was around 56 degrees at that time and once the track surface gets wet there is no way to dry it without the sun or warm air or a jet dryer which they arent equipped with. At 2 it was steady raining. Quaker City is 80 miles east of Dragway 42 so Im sure the rain didnt hit there until much later. Plus it appeared to slow down a bit and travel more towards the north as it moved along.

Were gonna start planning for a spring event. Just have to nail down a date. The only good thing is more people can get ready for it and the word can spread to more people to get in on this. I will post up when a date is settled on.

Brian

I didn't even think about Quaker City, haven't been there in years. Ohio is always overcast and looks like its going to rain. I guess the weather map showed a storm moving toward the track. When I got home the sun was shining too, Ohio weather sucks!! The guy at the track said they didn't have another open day. I will be there in the spring for sure. At least I met a few nice people, still don't know their screen names though.

I didn't think about Quaker City either, wasn't sure if there was something scheduled or if they were even open, guess I should've looked lol. BTW, I was the guy with the Limited on the trailer, nice to meet the guys who came out anyway :biggrin:

I hate that you guys got rained out!! But I'll be looking forward to the spring event, that's for sure!! I got some BIG plans in the works down here, and hope to put it all in motion here soon... ;)

Brian... As far as looking at a date in the spring. Can we keep in touch with Clint/Shane/Richard Clark, so there won't be any issues if they put together a second annual event down here in the spring as well?

Thanks,

K.

I hate that you guys got rained out!! But I'll be looking forward to the spring event, that's for sure!! I got some BIG plans in the works down here, and hope to put it all in motion here soon... ;)

Brian... As far as looking at a date in the spring. Can we keep in touch with Clint/Shane/Richard Clark, so there won't be any issues if they put together a second annual event down here in the spring as well?

Thanks,

K.

Keith, look forward to hearing what you have in store! Keeping in touch to not interfere with any other possible events sounds like a great idea to me. Talk with you soon.

Brian

Dragway 42

I will be looking forward to the spring Buicks at Dragway 42 event I made some cool event shirts if anyone wants to buy one to wear to the spring event! You can email me at TurboStitches@yahoo.com - Brian if you are going to Bowling Green I can give you your shirts there. (save me shipping $)

It was cool to meet some Buick guys at Summit - my son and I went from Summit to Quaker City which was about 45 minutes away. As it turned out we raced all day and had a blast, (Billy's first time racing his Monte SS with a GN Drivetrain) I ran 11.20's all day with no bar and nobody said anything. Anyway the day was not a total loss for us - we had fun, rain never hit the track and I got to do some tuning for Bowling Green. See you all in the spring hopefully I will be in the 10's by then - LOL!

Dragway 42 Event T-Shirt

Here is what the shirts looked like if anyone is interested.
Thanks

Attachments

• dw42shirt.jpg
    dw42shirt.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 91
Hey Lisa,
Im glad your boy got to race finally. I tried to get my buddies to go, but they opted to go home and race another day. Well I guess I will see you and your group either at the 42 event in the spring, or Norwalk, which ever comes first.

Take care
:biggrin:

I didn't think about Quaker City either, wasn't sure if there was something scheduled or if they were even open, guess I should've looked lol. BTW, I was the guy with the Limited on the trailer, nice to meet the guys who came out anyway :biggrin:

Nice to meet you, OhioC5, and the couple of others that showed. I had brought my '87 GN and my wife. Was hoping to get at least a few passes in before the rain, but so be it, we'll hit it in the spring. Ryan