Free turbo regal event!!!

I looked too, we just won't know until it gets closer. They can usually get the forcast correct day by day. I will post up Friday night what the weather man says. Are you 2.5 hours away?

About 2.5 or so. We are headin out about 8 a.m. I coming unless it is a total downpour.

I'm out. I got to finish a car up by the weekend. Been too busy lately. This sucks:(

Bummer Kevin..:frown: I was hoping to have alot of you guys up for this. Im expecting somewhere in the 40+ car range.

If we can avoid the rain the temps will be perfect!

What time does the gate open...is that 11, or do we start running at 11?

Yes the temp will be indeed perfect! Just hope that wet stuff misses us till late in the day like it is forecasted to. Gates should be open around 10 am or so. I will be there getting the trailer, car, exc, set up. Actual track will be ready to run at 11.

The cars have started to show up for tunes..:cool: All 3 of these cars have run in the 10.60 to 10.80s range. If anyone needs any C16 or Sunoco 112 PM me as I have a drums on hand and several extra race fuel jugs.

Attachments

• buicks 002.jpg
    buicks 002.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 120
Who me?:biggrin: Ive tuned a few..lol Ive owned and been working on these since the early/mid 90s. Ran in the 10s in '97. Currently own 5 of these cars. Last year my car was still running the stock GM mass air flow and ecm and went 9.75@139 mph. Full weight car, cold a/c, 2004r. Ive since went to a FAST system. Car will be at the rental.

Here is a link..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/time-slip-combo-database/301115-9-75-138-stock-ecm-maf.html

Video from Norwalk in May.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...9-83-norwalk-2010-chestnut-turbo-t-video.html

Look forward to seeing you at the rental.

Brian

Nice, I can't wait to see it. Feels like waiting on X-mas, I even took the day before off.

Wow Brian, that's quite a few! I've seen you out with the Chestnut colored car (pulling some big air at 42 last year) but didn't know you had so many, very cool! I know Red and Vince, hoping to meet a bunch of the other NE OH guys. I'm trying to learn how to tune, but know the car can do so much more in the right hands.

OhioC5 I took the day off as well. Fuel pump seems to be going out so changing that today.

Just hoping this rain holds off. Saw a forecast map last night on channel 3 and they were showing rain coming in out of the north, not the stuff up the east coast. Chance is 60%. Holding my breath. Will be really disappointed if we can't get this thing in.

This weather forecast is really starting to piss me off. It is saying 40% chance of showers all day now on weatherchannel.com for West Salem. I have a 2.5 hour haul to get over there and want to meet everyone and beat the **** out of my car...:biggrin:

Any raindate if it is a total washout???

:biggrin:

Nice, I can't wait to see it. Feels like waiting on X-mas, I even took the day before off.

Your not the only one.. :D

Wow Brian, that's quite a few! I've seen you out with the Chestnut colored car (pulling some big air at 42 last year) but didn't know you had so many, very cool! I know Red and Vince, hoping to meet a bunch of the other NE OH guys. I'm trying to learn how to tune, but know the car can do so much more in the right hands.

OhioC5 I took the day off as well. Fuel pump seems to be going out so changing that today.

Just hoping this rain holds off. Saw a forecast map last night on channel 3 and they were showing rain coming in out of the north, not the stuff up the east coast. Chance is 60%. Holding my breath. Will be really disappointed if we can't get this thing in.

Looking forward to meeting you Ryan. Its a total coin toss on this weather as of now. I think were all holding our breath...lol Red says its gonna miss us.. hope he is right!;)

This weather forecast is really starting to piss me off. It is saying 40% chance of showers all day now on weatherchannel.com for West Salem. I have a 2.5 hour haul to get over there and want to meet everyone and beat the **** out of my car...:biggrin:

Yeah talk about a roller coaster.. half the sites you read say 40% some say 50%. I just spoke with some Pittsburgh folks and there coming and cant wait! I will update this in the morn before I head over.

All the weekends are booked up the rest of the month so we either get this in tomorrow or its looks like a spring event we have to be planned instead.

Gates will open at 10 am everybody and the track will be ready to roll at 11am sharp!

Yea, they are saying 40% chance of rain, but there's a 20% chance they're right.

So far I am bringing the grill and trailer truck tools.

Is anyone bringing cheese?

Anybody bringning drinks?

Since I have no car I have nothing else to think about.

Close call on my end. Went out to run car a little and get some readings and noticed my VOLT light flicker a little. Toggled thru my Scanmaster and sure enough, my alt took a crap:mad::mad::mad: Thank god WS6 had a new rebuild sitting. Through it on and here we come.

Well for me, its load car at 7 a.m. and breakfast at Perkins at 7:30 with WS6 and KevinW25645 and then the highway. C U guys on the sunny side...pray to god.:smile:

Coach, Text me in the morning before you leave. I will let you know what it looks like from Akron, since I am about 40mins east of the track.

Other than that, my car is ready to go. Threw a different ECM in it to see if my Direct Scan will work without cutting out the electrical within the first 60ft. Filled up the tank with some 110, turned up the FP, turned up the wick. See if I can beat my best at the track last year of 11.69@117mph:D Looking forward to seeing everyone as long as mother nature plays nice.

Well, I can't get off of work, so its a no show for me. Hope the rain holds off for everyone, have fun and be safe! Brian, I still want to get together with you to check out my GN sometime. Just have to find the time!

So far I am bringing the grill and trailer truck tools.

Is anyone bringing cheese?

Anybody bringning drinks?

Since I have no car I have nothing else to think about.

Yangiant51 wont make it due to family emergency, so you will have to bring more than a grill. Looks like everyone is on their own for food and beverages.

Well, I can't get off of work, so its a no show for me. Hope the rain holds off for everyone, have fun and be safe! Brian, I still want to get together with you to check out my GN sometime. Just have to find the time!

Greg, thats to bad you gotta work. As long as the weather permits us to have this event I will be posting plenty of picts and youtube vids for everyone who couldnt make it out. Just give me a call sometime and we will get your car squared away.

Brian

Bad news.. Event has been canceled:( The rain is moving in fast and will be here by noon and here for several hours. Theres just no chance it would miss us so I wanted to post this as early as possible. This really sucks we had in the ball park of 50! turbo regals, tta's and turbo Buick powered vehicals coming to this event.

Im am gonna work on a spring date to try this again. This will allow for more people to get ready and more word to be spread about this FREE event. Hopefully we'll see everyone in BG.

Thanks everybody.

Brian Lorenz

Too bad about the weather today. Looking forward to it in the spring though! It will give me more time to get the day off of work. Thanks for your work on this event!

I HATE MOTHER NATURE:mad:...We were 130 miles into our trip when we got the call that its a no-go. We ended up at Janis' shop shooting the breeze for about 30 min then to Summit and hang out. Parking lot looked like a mini Buick event as everyone who was turning around stopped. Some guys went to Quaker City to race and as far as I know...it never rained a drop:mad:. Well it would have been nice to meet everyone but it'll have to wait til spring. Count me in for sure. :smile:

Coach:biggrin: