Frame swap

There is a frame under all this grease lo
image.jpg
image.jpg

What's up with the plate on the shock towers ? These low rider guys out have been teaching me some stuff in frame reinforcement . This guy makes a kit . I think it's alittle over kill but definitely can use some of them.
image.jpg

Since the frame's out you should also brace the rear LCA mount so it's less likely to rip off.;) These are the ones i made for mine.:D You just need to make a template that will fit up to the mount and weld in place to make it more solid.(y) LCA braces.JPG

If you really want to go to the extreme then you can cut the top of the front cross member out like I did, and lower it 3/8".:eek: front cross1.JPG This gets rid of one of the crash zones and keeps side flex down, but it's not for someone that hasn't done this type of work before.

What's up with the plate on the shock towers ? These low rider guys out have been teaching me some stuff in frame reinforcement . This guy makes a kit . I think it's alittle over kill but definitely can use some of them. View attachment 249636

The shock tower plates are for future roll cage mount points...[If the LS makes enuf steam, that is!]:shifty:

okay I'm planing installing a cage aswell what can I do to the frame to make it all go smooth once body is on?

okay I'm planing installing a cage aswell what can I do to the frame to make it all go smooth once body is on?

Maybe, determine where the main hoop is going to sit on the frame, and make sure the open side of the frame is boxed. [Mine is 100% boxed, so It's good to go.]
Also, ask the chassis guy, [if you are having it done], what he would like to work with.

Thanks Chuck I already have a pre bent 10point cage I received in a trade so I will be putting it in and at least tack it all then have someone with better welding skills finish it . I'm prob just going to start with the 6 point then step it up if needed .

I thought u where talking about the cage the frame wrap is made by this low rider guy up In Bakersfield

Do you tree weld the seams because they are weak, our the factory did am OK job? Thanks for the reply

What's a tree weld ? I just was told to go over the factory welds . Brace the LCA and box the C channel

Yes in some spots it's pretty bad . Plus it's giving me practice

That kit will add more weight and stiffness than is needed for the street or track. The chassis needs flexibility to work right and to brace it as much as a lowrider does will reduce traction and ride comfort. Mine has just enough movement to allow it to move and keep traction.

Agreed that's what I stated when I posted the pic. also I'm thinking do I have to box the whole Mid frame or would 3-4 tabs that would attach the top and bottom be good and save weight ?

The middle section I welded in completely. I used .120 thick metal and it was salvage, not exactly new. It gives me just enough movement to give good traction and there's a few other tricks that I haven't posted, and only a few members and friends know what I've done.:D

The shock tower plates are for future roll cage mount points...[If the LS makes enuf steam, that is!]:shifty:

I was wondering about those. Good idea! I'm not sure I wouldn't carry the rear bars further back. But you've given me something else to consider. Thanks Chuck. (y)

Agreed that's what I stated when I posted the pic. also I'm thinking do I have to box the whole Mid frame or would 3-4 tabs that would attach the top and bottom be good and save weight ?

I'd box the whole thing and be done with it. You'll probably have to re-run the brake and fuel lines either way.

What's up with the plate on the shock towers ? These low rider guys out have been teaching me some stuff in frame reinforcement . This guy makes a kit . I think it's alittle over kill but definitely can use some of them. View attachment 249636

That's not a frame reinforcement kit. It's a whole frame that needs to be welded up. Good luck installing that kit without warping the frame...