Frame swap

I was wondering about those. Good idea! I'm not sure I wouldn't carry the rear bars further back. But you've given me something else to consider. Thanks Chuck. (y)

I did both on the yellow car. On the shock towers and all the way to the rear of the trunk.

rear-frame-brace-brkts-008-jpg.249595

Well, the fact that you have tied the spring perches and rear cross member together nicely, and added a beefy brace across the rear frame horns likely negates the added benefit of moving the roll bar's rear support bars into the trunk, as long as rules are met (if that's a consideration). That's certainly a nice option to retain full use of the trunk, or simply make the addition of a trunk kit as I have planned easier. Do you have any braces planned to tie the UCA and LCA front mounts together? You can buy those commercially, but you strike me as the do-it-yourself type.

So I got it welded up and painted . Now just to transfer stuff over brake lines , fuel ect
image.jpg
image.jpg

Finally got the body back on the frame today just have some adjusting to do to center the body over the frame
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got the body strait and bolted down after one long day of wrenching. Paint is next .

image.jpg
image.jpg

Will you be ready for the Buick event in San Diego this June? Hope so! Good work!!!

Hopefully I'm in the middle of changing jobs and movin to Vegas

I'm missing seeing something in the frame pics. That looks like a 3 speed frame so it doesn't have the pad to mount the trans crossmember. Am I right?

Yes I had to chop the one off my frame and weld it on . I am running a 400 just need the cross member