For you "Sleeper" fans....Here is my wolf in sheeps clothing:)

Looking at that baby blue T, I really thought it was a N/A regal at first glance until I saw the Buldge hood and was stunned to see the engine bay. Very clean and simple looking:)

That twin turbo T just amazes me :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweet rides:cool:

Drip Pan;

205/75 R14 whitewalls??

Those must fry just by looking at the gas pedal:D

My wheels (under the caps) on GRAMPZ are the old school 15x8 chevy rally wheels with 235's on front and 255's on the back. Mine dont spin when I hit the gas but they grab really good due to their size. Of course, I am still running a stock setting for the turbo etc... Wonder what would happen if I tweak it. Hmmmmmm........

well I am goin for the ricer "look" :p didn't want chrome wheels but I couldn't refuse them for the price.. plus I need some "tire" :p

Attachments

• MayZ.JPG
    MayZ.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 555
  • RX7eng.jpg
    RX7eng.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 551
Love the sleepers...

Here's a few shots of my Limited...although by the looks I get I don't think it's too much of a sleeper.

It's got the comfy leather seats although I have seat covers on them so I guess that's doin' it grandpa style...;)

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 526
Some more details on mine above....

Best 60-foot time on the whitewalls: 1.9X

Air dams have been removed; the filter for the Pete Tomka CAI is clocked over with a new bracket to hide it behind the bumper.

A tissue dispenser I bought at a car wash mounted on a spring loaded hinge hides extra gauges under the radio. Pull it down, and the dispenser "stays" down like those Impala rear license plate mounting brackets some of us have. Push up on the dispenser slightly, and it snaps back up.

Boost gauge: NOT ON THE A-PILLAR. Hidden by a battery operated analog clock with Velcro on the back. Pull it off, stick it on.

Alky: in the glove glove box

Dark blue, NON-WOODGRAIN inlay two-spoke steering wheel with one of those "lace-up" type steering wheel covers

License plate frame on back: "Aged to Perfection Old Guys Rule"

Rear X-brace hidden behind trunk carpet

Curb feelers on the PS front & rear; I had to get them off of eBay!

3" single exhaust with two mufflers that exits where the n/a Regals do, but tucked up closer to the rear mudguard so you can't really see the pipe diameter. Adding the mudguards was intentional; this is so you look at them and not the exhaust. :)

Straw hat laying in back seat

A two-month old copy of AARP Monthly sits on the front seat at car gatherings ("Feel Better, Live Better!")

The "T" badges are hidden on each side by a pair of those little GM "chicklet" badges found on all new Chevys.

Factory posi-- helps me leave two nice long black stripes.

Number of Kills: Many, both import and domestic. ;)

NOTE: If ANYONE out there has a spare AARP sticker laying around, please let me know as I need that to complete the look. Thanks!

EDIT: SPTLSS1-- I love the gauges mounted in the center console-- awesome!

what did you do with your stroker crank? hows the tranny?

Boost231,

The stroker crank is resting comfortably in the box it came in out in the garage, and the tranny seems to be holding up well still. The mileage is now over 203K and both the motor and tranny have never been rebuilt; even the valvesprings have never been replaced! The tranny does have a tendency to slip a tad when it gets hot on hotter days (the car has a big aux tranny cooler on it that was installed years ago), but when it's cool out it will bark the tires on the 1-2. I was fortunate that the original elderly owner of this car and his wife did not abuse it; much of the mileage was accumulated on a number of cross-country trips from their home in Orange County to see relatives in Maryland. I was told that on one vacation alone they racked up over 6,000 miles because of all the side trips they made doing "touristy" stuff. Even now I regularly run 18+ psi through it on alky.

I think I mentioned this before but this car was campaigned in the '92 and '95 Silver State Classic out in Nevada; that's the annual open road rally where you get to drive 90 miles flat out on State Highway 318. The car averaged over 112 MPH and finished in the Top 6 in its class; the mods were steel rims for safety, speed rated tires, a 5-point safety harness and the tranny cooler. Even the thermostat was stock at the time! The car was one of the few driven to and from the event. The 5-point harness is still tucked under the bench seat, with the shoulder straps tucked behind the rear seat cushion.

Here's a pic of it at Silver State 1995:

Attachments

• silverstatel400300copy.jpg
    silverstatel400300copy.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 778
15" hubcaps from a Buick...?

SLZ: Question for you: what year & Buick model 15" wirewheel wheelcovers are you using? They look great! Thanks!

Here's a few shots of my Limited...although by the looks I get I don't think it's too much of a sleeper.

It's got the comfy leather seats although I have seat covers on them so I guess that's doin' it grandpa style...;)

That is a great looking car! Is that new paint?

Drip Pan. I like your hiding techniques:)

The WireWheel Hubcaps on the Limited came off of a late 70's/early 80's Pontiac Bonneville!

I could not find any 15" Buick wire wheel hubcaps around the area (or online) for a loooong time (especially with no rash or at a cheap price). I was using a new set of 15" Roadmaster chrome caps for a while (with the buick logo), that I found at an auto flea market (still have them) but I really wanted the wires look. I was looking for the 91-93 wires from a Roadmaster with no avail. Until I went to a local junkyard, on the coldest day of the winter (almost froze my fingers off in 10 minutes!) I found a pale yellow Bonneville with 15" wires on it that looked like they could work. So, $20 later, the set was mine:) The wires had the red pontiac logo in the centers in which I removed.

As far as the center logos go, I couldnt locate any that would fit the recessed area of the center cap until I found some logos on a silver plastic center (from wire wheel FWD Centurys). I busted the silver trim away from the round logo and cut the sealant from the back of the logo to free them. These logos are just slightly larger than the recessed area of my wirewheel center caps so I filled the recessed area with silicon and placed the logos on the centers (with the edges resting on the OD overhang of the centers). Ill have to remove them and reapply using black silicone (clear is bleeding thru the logo area). But at this time, it does the job:)

I didn't have to "Grandpa-ize" mine. It was my grandpa's to start with.
I inherited his 87 307/200-c regal, complete with vinyl roof, chrome trim, 14" wire wheels, bench seat, column shift, silver exterior.lt gray interior, dk gray top. And, of course, the obligatory AAA sticker, plus his WW2 POW stickers, and stuff like that on the bumper.

Of course, I did what that other guy did with the blue NA v6, and swapped a whole drivetrain in, including factory posi, and added a "few" things..lol.

But, I couldn't resist going with some real rims (centerline 16"s with Nitto DRs). However, the interior still has the factory steering wheel, even the dash with the 3 speed 200-c selector on the column. (shows P_R_N_D_2_1), no OD. Kept the hood emblem, but I think I'm gonna go back to the way it was when I first got it. (Take off the bulged hood, the blacked out trim, and all emblems.) I think I'm keepin the rims though!) ;)

Around here, even knowing what it was, I can easily take some people. If it doesn't say 5.0, mustang, Firebird or Camaro on the side, or have a window rattling exhaust, it must not be fast. Kinda like my buddies Stage2 black SRT4. Scares the crap outta even me, let alone the people hes shocked racing against.

Whatever happened to the stage 2 limited on ebay a few years back? Needed bumper fillers, but had 15" wire wheel caps over lightweight drag rims, a well hidden roll bar, and a few other tricks. Went for like 17g's. That was nuts! I remember drooling over that car.

Attachments

• Cicero1.jpg
    Cicero1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 723
I like it, but if you really want to make it a sleeper I'd lose the bulge hood and the T steering wheel instead for a standard hood and standard steering wheel.

I've seen GRAMPZ a bunch of times at the Hebert's car show. It's a cool car. I was there in my brother's car. The 86 astro roof. And my old 86 GN with the big block was there with it's new owner!! On race car night!

Seen him at the Target Cruise in Nashua too. Great car. Saw him do a wicked burnout at the now defunked Fitchburg cruise. People had no idea what the hell they just saw. It was great! Here's my grampy car.
Oct21.jpg
[/IMG]