Looking for information on wheels/tires to make my Buick more "incognito"

SLZ

Hello everyone. I am seeking information on tires and wheels that will make my car more "incognito, innocent etc..."

A little information on the car: I have a 1987 Buick Turbo T Limited. Maybe you might remember it from a while back as "GRAMPZ". Its gunmetal grey with grey interior and it has the factory rims. The car has every option that a Regal could come with in 1987 minus leather and t-tops. It even has a plush interior, 60/40 split bench seat, landau roof, column shift, cornering and opera lights just to name a few. The car runs/looks great, rides smooth and fast.

My question is that the original rims I have on the car are in great shape so I want to save them by storing them. To do this I need to get some new rims/tires. Now the car looks pretty innocent in itself while having the capability to blast into hyperspace (wolf in sheeps clothing). It looks like someones grandfather could be driving it. I wanted to go one step further by maybe utilizing some 15" steel wheels, whitewall tires and maybe some buick hubcaps. I know this goes against many other opinions but I think this would defenitly throw some people off. I want to know what kind of tire and the largest size I could get w/ whitewalls that are performance rated (225 70 R15 etc..?) and where to find these 15" rims from. (mid size or full size GM rear drive cars?) Also what kind of 15" rim to use that are available (15x7, 15x8 etc ?)

Please LMK of any information that you might have for me at zmodshotwheels@comcast.net so I can get this project completed.

Thanks in advance, Steve Zalimas

For wheels, check out www.wheelvintiques.com

I get all my tires from www.tirerack.com. If you want a whitewall and a good, sticky tire, you may have to add on the whitewall yourself. Seen it done - easier with the wheel flat on something that spins, so you can put special paint on evenly.

Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORV...ewItemQQcategoryZ34209QQitemZ4575435632QQrdZ1

There is a pair of 15 x 8 Corvette ralleys for the rear. Paint 'em black & slap wheelcovers on, good to go. 15 x 6 or 7 will be easy to find at the junkyard off an S10 or Malibu/Grand Prix/Cutlass/Regal/etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-W...ewItemQQcategoryZ34209QQitemZ4574703580QQrdZ1

I remember these from decades ago. People used to love them. Use these and combine them with any performance tire you like. Then you'll have your cake & eat it too.

Just some options. I don't know of any performance whitewall tires other than the old Goodyear Wingfoots from the late 70s.