For you "Sleeper" fans....Here is my wolf in sheeps clothing:)

Thanks for the compliments. I agree that a flat hood and debadge would make it more innocent looking but I cant bring myself to doing that (since I like to retain some of the T's original image). It seems that when most people see the chrome/grey combo, landau roof, lic plate and especially the wirecaps, I assume they just dont pay attention to it any further and dismiss it as a typical Grandpamobile:) (which is the image I wanted to portray while keeping it "Factory" looking).

The last time I took it to the track was in 03 (before I had done any mods to it) and it ran a best of 13.4

I know another trip to the track is due to verify some mods effectiveness. Hopefully soon.

AAA just send me a packet and I tossed it (I could have swiped the sticker) doh!

I am actually 34 years old. I need to get my grandfathers hat to complete the drivers image:)

As of last night, I broke from my sleeper ranks and I installed a set of Kenne Bell Ram-airdams to the front of the car. Looks real good and ports the air to my front mounted airfilter nicely (along with aiding the cooling of the front brakes). Ill post pics of it soon. Car still looks pretty sedate at a glance since the airdams are dark and under the car.

You have inspired me to "grampa-ize" mine. De-badge and a set of old 15" Buick Ralleys. Maybe even swap the hood ornament.....While hiding a 4.1 stroker under a flat hood, and run a front-mount so as to remove the air dams....dummies will never know what hit 'em..bwahahahaha

You have inspired me to "grampa-ize" mine. De-badge and a set of old 15" Buick Ralleys. Maybe even swap the hood ornament.....While hiding a 4.1 stroker under a flat hood, and run a front-mount so as to remove the air dams....dummies will never know what hit 'em..bwahahahaha

I love it.

If mine wasn't a GN... I'd do it in a heartbeat......

These black cars are just too hard to disguise.

Ohhh, get the "Continental" spare tire on the rear bumper and bungee some screen door screen across the header panel.

Leave the left hand turn signal on at all times.

Get some drag radials and paint white walls on them.

Get Florida plates.

I remember seeing a "continental" tire kit on the back of a few regals a long time ago. I forgot all about them. I wonder if there are any still around......

If there was a tire place that had affordable whitewall tire sizes at 235 or larger, I would have bought them for added visual to go with the traction.

If anybody still offers continental kits, curb feelers, and the like it's probably JC Whitney....

What would really be cool... is to get the combo down to mid-high 10 sec.. pump gas combo....

The look on a C5 vette owners face when he gets pulled from a 40 mph punch would definately be worth the price of admission.

Heres some pics of my 1987 Buick Regal Limited "T". Its sooo sedate looking, nobody pays much attention to it.....until I let the turbo do its job:). I actually have vintage 15x8 Chevy rally wheels under those wires. LMK what you think.
I think I want to buy that car. :biggrin:

What would really be cool... is to get the combo down to mid-high 10 sec.. pump gas combo....

The look on a C5 vette owners face when he gets pulled from a 40 mph punch would definately be worth the price of admission.

That would be priceless!:cool:

I've only seen one better.... a guy in BG last year.... he had a 4 door mid 80's regal... with a LC2.... seems like it was white.... he snorted on it once in the pits... it was sweet...

His board name is TurboJustin...

530b0rc.jpg

Has curb feelers on it now.

You would be correct, and that would have been the year you saw it.

I was probably in the car when he gased it. :D

You would be correct, and that would have been the year you saw it.

I was probably in the car when he gased it. :D

He was down near the start of the staging lanes.... just past the port-a-potties.....I was over visiting Quick6-n-KC... how had a tent set up next to the fence.

I can't remember (damn I'm getting old).... if it was this past year... or the year before......

Real cool none-the-less.

I like both... your friends car... and the original poster's limited..... I dig sleepers.

It was 2006 and yeah, that's where we were parked.

He didn't take it this year since the motor was getting built... we hung out with the KC guys this year and 2006, probably 2005 and 2004 as well.

He had the car at BPG in Columbus, got a lot of attention.