For you "Old School" Anime guys

The original name was Battleship Yamato and it was change to appeal to the US. I loved that show and several of the others that came from Japan.

Just a bit too much CG for my tastes.

That's what I used to think until I saw Macross Plus. The English version was butchered and rearanged, but the subtitled one was simply awesome.

You never really appreciate the detail they went through hand drawing those older shows until you watched transformers or Scooby Doo. Robotech sold me the instant I saw it. (along with all of the subsequent series)

Robotech was another good series. The Jap version had nudity in it as well so kids here weren't allowed to see it.

That preview looks great!

Another old school anime fan here...Starblazers, Robotech, Voltron....my favorites growing up in the 80s.

First time watching Robotech and seeing people actually getting killed in a cartoon I was like :eek: :eek: . Been hooked on it ever since...I've seen every single episode.

That's what I used to think until I saw Macross Plus.

I guess I don't follow you. IMO Macross Plus was very good at having subtle CG that just enhanced the visuals (ie. Ghost in the Shell). In this new Starblazers the ships don't even appear to be hand-drawn and I'm just not a fan of that style. But as technology grows and advances so must art.

Bah! this is funny! Now i dont feel like such a dork...

i just finished watching Blood and Wicked City....

on VHS!!!!!!!! lmao

2 points for oldskool.......

A.j.

I used to love that show, but I couldn't remember the name till I found this thread. lol

They actually built a Gundam? How'd ya like to get in it and have some fun. lol I'm sure it will be in needless markups Christmas catalog soon. lol