Four 87 Grand Nationals for sale. Private owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
In it's present condition it's worth about $7K.

And I hope it's 55K and not 155K miles.

I'd do the bodywork and get rid of the rust including the rusty engine bay stuff, and sell it for $12K in the future.

But I'd change the oil NOW!!! :eek:

Just my .02 I'm waiting for the moonroof car. ;)

I'd do the bodywork and get rid of the rust including the rusty engine bay stuff, and sell it for $12K in the future.

I agree, looks like drivers door is shot too.

It's not going anywhere for $7g. The rust is nothing to fix if you know what you are doing so if you can sell it for $12g, you should jump on it. I left the oil sticker on the car. I changed the oil several times and it's very clean. $7g? Hmmm. I wonder what you would offer for the 30,000 mile moonroof car.:rolleyes:

The drivers door is not shot in any way. There is one small spot the size of a quarter. Don't pick now.

Dont mean to pick, just noticed the rust hole and the rust line on the bottom 1/2 inch of the door where the seam would be and that only happens from the inside out. Can you take a pic of the bottom of the door at the seam. Now is a bad time to get top dollar for something, not to say you wont get it, just not anytime soon with all the gns selling for cheap.

Prices

In the last week or so I have bid on a couple on eBay. Very similar cars 40k- 55k miles. 1 was stock ; 1 was modified. Neither had rust issues. They went for about 8500. They are listed on under completed auctions. I would have to say the rear quarter panels and the doors would have to bring down the price. Depends on what it will cost to get the rust taking care of. Other than that it looks good. Paint job needs to be done to almost all of them.

You know just because a car has low mileage (30k) it don't automatically mean it's worth Gold! It's how it was taken care of for those 30,000 miles and after that Counts!!... Hell it could have had 30,000 miles on it by 1995 and has sat in the weeds or outside this whole time...

To be totally honest with you with the photo's you posted on this car, It does look a bit rough for $10,000.. I bought our 1986 white T-Type off this board only two years ago for $7,100 with NO rust, NO sagging headliner, NO rusty engine parts and a slew of performance goodies and the car had 118,000 miles on the body and it looks WAY better than this car does... That is just an example, I am in no way bashing your car but simply mentioning the difference in car vs price.

PS: Is that a big smashed in area on the front of the drivers fender or is it that tarp causing that image? You never took a close up of that front area of the drivers front fender that's why I ask...

Actually the $7,000 offer isn't too bad......GLWS!

Please post pictures of the following areas:

1) Open Both doors and take pic's of the Inside bottom seams!

2) Open trunk and take pic's of the inner seam along the lock area where the trunk meets the taillights!

3) Under the car, Take a few pictures of each floor pan (both fronts) & (both rears)

4) While your there take some of the whole underside of the car!

This should help others in purchasing the car....

Scot W.

You know just because a car has low mileage (30k) it don't automatically mean it's worth Gold! It's how it was taken care of for those 30,000 miles and after that Counts!!... Hell it could have had 30,000 miles on it by 1995 and has sat in the weeds or outside this whole time...

To be totally honest with you with the photo's you posted on this car, It does look a bit rough for $10,000.. I bought our 1986 white T-Type off this board only two years ago for $7,100 with NO rust, NO sagging headliner, NO rusty engine parts and a slew of performance goodies and the car had 118,000 miles on the body and it looks WAY better than this car does... That is just an example, I am in no way bashing your car but simply mentioning the difference in car vs price.

PS: Is that a big smashed in area on the front of the drivers fender or is it that tarp causing that image? You never took a close up of that front area of the drivers front fender that's why I ask...

Actually the $7,000 offer isn't too bad......GLWS!

Please post pictures of the following areas:

1) Open Both doors and take pic's of the Inside bottom seams!

2) Open trunk and take pic's of the inner seam along the lock area where the trunk meets the taillights!

3) Under the car, Take a few pictures of each floor pan (both fronts) & (both rears)

4) While your there take some of the whole underside of the car!

This should help others in purchasing the car....

Scot W.

Nah, I posted about 100 photos and that is plenty. If someone is really interested, they can come see the car and climb under it for themselves. I can't spend all day talking a million photos anymore. That front fender is not trashed, it's in the tarp image like you said. I know the seams you are asking about and they are fine.The floors are fine. Look at that interior, except for the headliner, it's like new. The engine is not rusty. If anyone thinks it is, they do not know what real rust is. Maybe now is not the time to sell GN's. We should all ask more for our cars. A few years ago, these cars would have sold for much more. I don't want to hear that bad times are the reason. Times are not as bad as everything thinks. Most other collector cars I can't keep for more than a few weeks before they are shipped off somewhere. Plus, the old car market has not changed nearly as much as some other things. If you guys have $3000 to $5000 86/87GN's contact me. Maybe I will buy them and stock up on more GN's. The money will bring a good return later on. I think my cars are going to stay because I know what they are going to be worth in the future. Alot. Thank you everyone for your interest. :wink:

move this post

Ive been looking to buy my first Gn/T for around 6 months now. Im on here every day and its this same listing over and over Four 87 Grand Nationals for sale. And you seem to put down every offer that you have recived. And that your cars are worth more due to the mileage. Well fine move them some where else. Try ebay craigslist etc.. Im not putting down your cars but you seem to be putting down people that are trying to help u sell them.

Ive been looking to buy my first Gn/T for around 6 months now. Im on here every day and its this same listing over and over Four 87 Grand Nationals for sale. And you seem to put down every offer that you have recived. And that your cars are worth more due to the mileage. Well fine move them some where else. Try ebay craigslist etc.. Im not putting down your cars but you seem to be putting down people that are trying to help u sell them.

Sorry but you must be kidding. I had so many lowball offers from guys who did not even see the cars. That is just talk. Real buyers come see what they are making an offer on. I took the time posting here first so true GN guys can see the cars first. Not ebay or CL. I thought that was a nice thing to do. People who made offers, flat out told me they are looking to make money on my cars so I know their offers are too low. I also watch the GN market so I know my asking prices are not out of the world. However, I am not going to sell a 30k mile mint original condition moonroof 87 GN that you can eat off for only $15g and I'm sure nobody else here would as well. Many guys picked at the cars and put them down that their posts were removed. Remember? I do not need to sell the cars so they will stay, at least for now. One note, I have emails from guys interested in my GNX. I have no clue as to how anyone knew about the car because it has not been run or moved out of the garage for a long time. Rumors, I was told. Anyway, sorry but the car is not going to be sold.

Alright, that is more than enough photos, I hope. Price? Asking $10000 for this GN. Tell me what you think it's worth.

Anytime you open up with what you think its worth, your going to get peoples opinions, which pretty much opens yourself up for getting offended. I have seen it happen quite a few times in the cars for sale forum. Your better off just sticking to your price with a best reasonable offer if you want to do that. If doesnt sell keep it or lower to a price in which you feel you can sell it for.

Unfortunately muscle car values have gone down over the last few yrs, I think it will be a long time before you see a GN sell for 100K, since they made over 20K of them.

If you have the cash, I would buy , as there are a lot of really good deals out there

I think I am going to start trying to buy up all those $3000-$7000 GN's out there that are in such good shape. The problem is I never seem to find any. I keep hearing and reading about them but I can't seem to find one. If anyone has a car as nice as Richelieu's for 7 grand please let me know. I will buy everyone that i can afford to buy.
I keep seeing people say I saw this car sell for this price. Well guess what that car is sold and is not available any more. There are only so many of these cars out there and there are less every day. In my opinion these are some of the best cars ever made and if you actually have one and are not just a tire kicker you know what I am talking about.
These cars are going to be worth more and more as time goes on and that is a fact. Again if you have a 86-87 GN as nice as Richelieu's I want first chance at it.

I think I am going to start trying to buy up all those $3000-$7000 GN's out there that are in such good shape. The problem is I never seem to find any. I keep hearing and reading about them but I can't seem to find one. If anyone has a car as nice as Richelieu's for 7 grand please let me know. I will buy everyone that i can afford to buy.
I keep seeing people say I saw this car sell for this price. Well guess what that car is sold and is not available any more. There are only so many of these cars out there and there are less every day. In my opinion these are some of the best cars ever made and if you actually have one and are not just a tire kicker you know what I am talking about.
These cars are going to be worth more and more as time goes on and that is a fact. Again if you have a 86-87 GN as nice as Richelieu's I want first chance at it.

I could not have said it better myself. Just where are all these low priced GNs? :rolleyes:I am going to buy more too. You want to give away your Buicks? Contact me or a few of the other smart guys here! :wink:

In the last week or so I have bid on a couple on eBay. Very similar cars 40k- 55k miles. 1 was stock ; 1 was modified. Neither had rust issues. They went for about 8500.

Looked through completed listings and saw no such cars. Care to point them out?

Don't pay any attention to those trying to tell you what your cars are worth. Most of them don't even have one and there is a reason for that. They are too busy telling everyone that has one for sale that they are asking too much. If I were you, I would hold on to that GN with 30K miles. That car will def. be going up in value. Nice Turbo Regals are getting harder and harder to find each and every day that goes by. Hold out. You know what they say...There is an ass for every seat. GLWS.

If you want to sell your cars, I will leave the thread open. If the jabs back and forth on both parties continue I will close the thread.

I sent you a PM suggesting you list the 4 cars seperately in 4 different threads to keep things "clean" on each one, just trying to help.

If you keep saying "you dont have to sell them", no problem I can close the thread for you if you wish.

Let me know.

Looked through completed listings and saw no such cars. Care to point them out?

4-11-11 #190519782609 sold 8900. I know that the buyer was a non paying bidder and it was offered at second chance for a previous bid. 8700 I think. 4-15-11 # 200596759523 sold 8655. It should show up on completed auction if you don't have it filtering results. I don't think I can link a completed auction but I am sure the are still listed for a month.

Ok,

If it does not pertain to this thread of 4 cars for sale.... forget it.

This thread has turned into a circus......
It will continue past here or it wont, lets see who follows the rules.

Ebay

I should add I not think eBay is the end all be all. I hate it to be honest. I only point it out because you don't always see what cars were sold for on here. Beside I think things are getting a little carried away. The way we do business in Chicago is you go high I go low and we meet in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.