For Sale - 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6spd - Needs Engine

turbobuickman

2006 B7 A4 2.0T Quattro AWD 6spd manual. Needs new engine or rebuild. Apparent spun cam bearing, just don't have the time or space for it. Otherwise in mint condition. 101k highway miles. Very clean! No serious offers refused. Plenty more pictures. PM or EMAIL.
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1293.JPG
IMG_1291.JPG

i have never owned an Audi but from what I gather, they have a warranty until 120,000 miles. Several reports of cam followers breaking and causing damage that should be covered under warranty. Just a thought...have a dealer check it out and see if they will cover it. Good luck

Bryan

Didnt know what to expect but based on the responses I've gotten in the past 12 hours $4,000.

Bryan is dead on but the issue is the result of a shoddy cam follower replacement by the dealer. Unfortunately I wasnt driving the car much at the time so 9 months went by before it surfaced and I didnt have the time or $ to fight with the dealer over it.

To clarify (since there are so many out there that are so quick to correct) this engine does not have a typical cam bearing but rides on a machined surface of the head. There is likely some scoring of the cam and/or head but I didnt know how else to describe the issue in a way people could understand.

Just curious, but why do you say it needs a new engine? How did you find out that the cam bearing was spun? You would think that you could just slap on a head and be done with it.. But I don't know Audi's very well.

It may just need a head but I haven't had it torn down to diagnose so I can't speculate beyond that and I can't pretend to know the 2.0TSFI nearly as well as if it were a GM 3.8. It still runs but makes a wicked racket that seems to be coming from the top end and both cam assemblies had just been rebuilt by the dealer so thats my best guess. I've only started it twice for a total of 10 seconds run time since then for fear of doing further damage.

Okay, well GLWS. I currently have a car that I am trying to flip, otherwise I'd probably pick this up to take a whack at it. If I sell it before this is gone, Ill be interested.