88 Mustang for sale/trade + cash

John N

This is one of the cleanest and most detailed Mustangs you will find without a doubt. This car was done professionally top to bottom, inside and out. It was featured in Muscle Mustangs, Fast Ford, and 5.0 magazine. It has also won numerous other awards such as NMRA Best Engine, Fun Ford Weekend Best Engine and Paint, two-time Editor's Choice awards, three-time Fords at Englishtown winner, and many more. Here is a link to the online feature article from 5.0 for reference:

1988 GT Jim Ricchezza - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

More pictures can be seen here:

88 Mustang GT pictures by SS86 - Photobucket

The first thing you'll notice is the paint. The car was painted with all PPG products and the color-shifting PPG Harlequin paint theme tastefully continues throughout the car in not only the exterior flames, but the engine accessory brackets, injectors, A/C lines, coil springs, gas tank, transmission crossmember, the custom center console inside, and much more. My painter told me this stuff was about $500 a quart for the color changing paint. There are 8 coats of clear on the car so there is a lot of depth and shine to the car.

Inside, the car sports an S&W 8 point cage, 2 Corbeau bucket seats up front with 5-point Corbeau harnesses, and rear seats reupholstered in matching Corbeau fabric. There are Autometer gauges for oil pressure and water temp in the A pillar and a 5" tach sits to the right of the driver. Stock gauges and climate knob backgrounds are white face. The interior has plenty of custom billet as well. The door handles, window and lock switches, pedals, E-brake handle, climate knobs and so on are all billet aluminum. The custom center console features a Pioneer head unit, B&M shifter, and the same Harlequin flame paint theme as the exterior. In the hatch area sits the 10lb nitrous bottle also with Harlequin color-shifting flames. The rest of the interior like carpet, door panels, and dash are new or mint.

The motor is a professionally built 308" built for a 150+ wet shot of nitrous, but never sprayed. Everything is there and I believe the bottle is even full. The fuel line just needs to be kooked up and then you'll have about 500-550 horsepower I would estimate. I have never dynoed this car or taken it down the track. There are only about 500 miles on this motor. The motor consists of a DSS forged short block, ported Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, 1.7 FRPP roller rockers, custom ground Comp Cam, 30lb/hr FRPP injectors, 255lph BBK in-tank fuel pump, Paxton adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Holley SysteMax II intake, Accufab 70mm TB, Pro-M 70mm mass air, MAC cold air intake, BBK coated long tubes, BBK H-pipe, MAC pro dumps, and much more. All of it is detailed, polished, and/or painted. There is a Griffin radiator with polishing and a special shield with custom airbrushing. The transmission is an Art Carr built C4 with a reverse manual valve body and 3400rpm stall converter. The rear end is a fully detailed 8.8 with 3.55s and an aluminum girdle cover.

There are QA1 adjustable shocks in the rear, along with UPR tubular control arms upper and lower, spherical diff bushings, a UPR anti-roll bar, Eibach springs all around, etc. The front is completely powder coated and redone to better than new with factory A-arms and K member with Strange adjustable struts and caster/camber plates. There are 17x9 chrome Cobra R wheels all around with low profile Dunlop tires with nearly all the tread left.

There are so many details that can't even be seen in the pictures, but really make this car what it is. It is built to a much higher standard than the other cars at the track or local shows. The entire underside of the body was stripped and powder coated black. There are custom chrome covers made for the welded in sub-frame connectors. The driveshaft is chrome. The top of the fire wall is mirrored to show how perfect even the back of the motor is. Just about everything under the hood is done in AN braided lines. The 8.8 diff has a paint job that rivals the top of the car. The car looks better in person than pictures without a doubt. You could spend hours just looking the car over top and bottom and marveling at the detail, workmanship, and time invested.

The car mostly sits in my garage sadly. It really needs to be driven and enjoyed by somebody. There are a few scrapes under the front valance (probably from a steep driveway or something like that) that can only be seen if you really stick your head under there. There are a few other tiny marks on the car that have been racked up over the time since it was built, but nothing that is even noticeable to 99% of the people who will look at the car. I think a front parking light may need a light bulb too, but I don't drive it at night hardly ever so I am not positive. No other issues come to mind unless you consider that it could use a good detail. There is a very thick envelope of receipts that will come with the car too. After looking through that you will see no expense was spared.

There is so much to say about this car. I just can't write it all down. It would be best to see the car to appreciate it fully, and that can be arranged if you would like. I got this car thinking it would be a lot of fun for cruising around in, but right now I have 5 cars and 4 garage spaces. Some of those other cars are projects I would like to finish, so I need to sell this to make room and hopefully enough money to finish them off.

There was a professional appraisal done in 2003 for $33,000 and that was before the interior and underside were entirely redone and before the car was in magazines and won many of its awards. I am sure there is much more than that amount invested in this car. I'm looking for trades plus cash or perhaps an even trade for the right car. Of course, cash offers are welcomed. I could use the space!

I'd like to see $29,500 or a trade plus cash or even depending on what it is, but I am very open to all offers so please don't hesitate to ask. The car was professionally appraised for over $30k before it was even finished a few years back. I have a car trailer and might be able to assist with getting the car to you if you are within a few states of me.

I'm in 08080 New Jersey.

John 856 905 1908
JohnNeville@gmail.com

88 Mustang GT pictures by SS86 - Photobucket

88MustangGT070.jpg

88MustangGT079.jpg

88MustangGT088.jpg

88MustangGT093.jpg

88MustangGT099.jpg

88MustangGT104.jpg

88MustangGT107.jpg

88MustangGT119.jpg

Thanks Quint. I have some decent cash and trade offers. If anybody wants this car, act soon or it will most likely be gone by next week!