Fontana to close?

Noise is the issue. They're being faced with a lawsuit so they'd rather just close down. This last racing event was the last one according to my sources.

The lawyer is arguing that since the track is having to enforce a muffler rule, then that is admitting that there is a noise problem. :confused:

I guess that would be the same as a street cop that has to enforce a muffler law on the street is in some way admitting that there must be a noise problem on the street. :confused: :confused:

Stupid lawyers. :mad:

I also heard that they might do some sporadic street legal drags stuff, but they realize it may not be enough to cover expenses, so it may close down for good.
Gotta love those loud imports. :cool:

For us So Cal fellas, for quarter mile, it's going to be Bakersfield with the smell and the flies, Las Vegas, and Speedworld and Firebird in Arizona.

So what's the deal in L.A.? All the illegal aliens getting sensitive ears now?

Who's complaining about noise when the strip is right next to a railroad?:rolleyes:

Another CA track bites the dust...first Carlsbad and now Fontana. :(

Who's complaining about noise when the strip is right next to a railroad?:rolleyes:

Another CA track bites the dust...first Carlsbad and now Fontana. :(

Let's see. Since I've been racing, we've lost,

Lion's
Brotherhood
OCIR
Pomona (for street cars)
Carlsbad
and now Fontana

Very sad...

Mike Barnard

Other than a couple of houses surrounded by what appear to be junk yards the nearest tract of homes is 1800 ft east of the sand trap.

I think funtucky is tired of street legal. They have never given us much tract time. I discussed the LVMS vegas program of racing 2-3 times a week and that 1-2 days a month would work but they were not interested.

I could never verify it, but I think they got govt money for street legal drags and with the State budget cuts no money - no program.

When La Verne complained about the drag racing noise at Pomona the track agreed to kill the street legals in exchange for another pro weekend. Come on, La Verne was ok with eliminating street legals 6 or 7 days a year for another weekend of top fuel, if you agree with that...........

Freakin lawyers...they have nothing better to do but force dangerous racing onto the streets...Imagine the noise it'll make when some street racing kid who does not know how to pick a safe spot or shut it down when it's clearly over, crashes into you...

Even with noise abatment rules like requiring mufflers...still gotta push the fight so they feel like they won...

Unbelievable...

Freakin lawyers...they have nothing better to do but force dangerous racing onto the streets...Imagine the noise it'll make when some street racing kid who does not know how to pick a safe spot or shut it down when it's clearly over, crashes into you...

Even with noise abatment rules like requiring mufflers...still gotta push the fight so they feel like they won...

Unbelievable...
I'm glad I'm 68 years old & have had a chance to live life as a free man. The next generations will not be so lucky. How's that hope & change working so far ?

One of the tract workers told a friend while they waited in the staging lanes that only Jr Dragster after monday.

Make your own conclusion.

Sorry to hear about Fontana!!

Hey guy, Like Lou said I have seen So. Calif go from up to 15 to 20 Drag Strips in the 50's to this today very sad. But guess what don't forget this Sunday Car Show time I have a lot of Raffle stuff going to me fun, see all of you at Bates Nut Farm.

Steve Hurst
1-714-772-6201

Looking at google earth there are a bunch of new houses to the east.

Guess the sheeple thought they only raced electric cars.

Fkg newbie NIMBY'S

Time to run a bunch of uncorked hemis thru their tract early sunday mornings.

One of the tract workers told a friend while they waited in the staging lanes that only Jr Dragster after monday.

Make your own conclusion.

Have they heard a junior dragster lately? Those things are way louder than a typical street car, and they take 3x as long to stage.

It's part of Obama and Browns job creation program...they're creating thousands of new jobs for lawyers and loud mouths who otherwise couldn't get hired...

Have they heard a junior dragster lately? Those things are way louder than a typical street car, and they take 3x as long to stage.

Well they killed street legal at Pomona, which was what 2 or 3 weekends a year, and added a top fuel weekend.

Or a bunch of uncorked turbo Buicks

Sorry, while I have the utmost respect for your hair dryer 6's nothing shakes the ground like a big block hemi. :biggrin: I remember those hemis cruising at El Toro cruisn for a cure uncorked. They literally rattled my drink 100 ft away.

My sources which have contact with the people who run the track say that they are becoming fed up with this liberal nazi c**p and are ready to throw in the towel on the whole thing. I've heard mention of this sound barrier wall before, and I know they do not want to fork out the bucks to build it. Stay tuned.

Could you imagine spending the money it would take to build a sound barrier wall, and then the gov comes to you and says, "Mmmm,... you know what,... it's still too loud. You're going to have to make more changes, or shut it down." Ooooh! Now wouldn't that just bunch your panties.

Now tell me that doesn't sound like something that could really happen.