Florida to Cali * roadtrip

Okay, day 423 starts now (least it feels like that);)

Up early for that much longer of a cooler drive. Low 80's this morning heading to 100* range along the route. Just gotta throw some oil down its throat, (she's developed a decent oil leak from the passenger side somewhere, maybe intake or v/c from what I can see. ) top off the tank and we're off for one more leg. Gotta stop in Santa Barbara at the airport to get the gf's car, then up the coast to home 1.5 hrs away.......:jimlad:

She was still there ...
image.jpg

Taking more damage. Now the front filler panels. One destroyed, the other not far behind.....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Excellent adventure and thanks for sharing it with us! I'm gonna try to do the same next spring from Canada and hope to meet all you Southwest guys at Bates in June:D

fillers get old and fail , to expect them to last forever is fooling your self, (not you specifically)
just get 4 new fillers and be dome with it, I would never put another OEM filler on my car,
it will just fail again!
fiberglass will last for ever!

glad you had a good trip, judging by the oil press gauge, some has done some work to the oil system.

Cool, happy to hear you two made it home safely. Now, get some much needed rest and don't look at the car for at least a day or two. You'll have the strength to fix all those little things that need your attention. ;)

I knew the fillers were crap from the start. As i mentioned before, i have a new rear one piece rear filler sitting at Daniels house still. Just need to get it shipped out here. We're working on that. Guess i'll have to shop for the fronts now too. I just didn't expect to have to deal with them so soon. Wasn't expecting them to leave the vehicle on the trip.... :confused:

That's for sure tori your 1 piece rear fillers are here waiting for you when your ready.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Drove the car back to work at lunch. Not only did I turn back to look at the ole' girl, but I took this pic.
image.jpg

I knew the fillers were crap from the start. As i mentioned before, i have a new rear one piece rear filler sitting at Daniels house still. Just need to get it shipped out here. We're working on that. Guess i'll have to shop for the fronts now too. I just didn't expect to have to deal with them so soon. Wasn't expecting them to leave the vehicle on the trip.... :confused:[/QUOTE
Spool Fool Mike

And then this was waiting for me at work today. :confused:
....came the day after we left
image.jpg