Florida to Cali * roadtrip

Got the lil lady driving again, so I've got time to chat. Talk to me about brake problems.
I've seen in the past some do a vac. booster upgrade. Why ?
I've got brake problems. Hard pedal when ever you use them abruptly (like if you catch a yellow light) They are dangerous IMO as in any panic or quick apply, you get nothing but a rock hard pedal. Is this a sign of a failed accumulator ?
Does the brake light come on? Sounds like you might want to do a brake "upgrade" at Charlie's house. You will be doing it sooner or later anyways so no better time than the present.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll research that issue more when I get home. Mostly just curious right now

And for now, I'll leave you with this....
View attachment 234273

That picture would be even more awesome if that dude wasn't in the back ground... Lol
Im glad your making good progress, stay positive as little things happen with these cars that seem so big. Probably even more during a cross country road trip. Be safe, put that car on lock down when you sleep...

No brake warning light. Not even sure that bulb works, I'm afraid to try the parking brake, and don't recall if it lights when the key comes on. Meant to check that, but keep forgetting when I stop. Kinda like adjusting the pass. mirror. Gotta do it from the outside .

As a side note, and putting the car on lockdown, pulling the fuse for the ECM does nothing. Pulled it when we stopped in New Orleans. Put the fuse in my pocket for safe keeping, and upon return, hopped in the car and startedit right up. LOL. Forgot all about the fuse in my pocket.

Just went out and pulled the fuse for the fuel pump, and found another ECM fuse. Looks like the lower one is the one you want, not the ECM SOL in the top right corner. :)

'Morning guys. Okay, we are packing up and headin out in about 10 min. Goal for today is Bullhead City, AZ.
That's a 14 hr push, so not sure well have time for meet and greets, but if someone had 5 minutes to meet us off the highway, I wouldn't be opposed. I'm sure my legs would like the stretch. Just let us know the exit, and we'll update on ETA's

whats in Bullhead? are you aware laughlin is just across the river? and better hotels and rates!

Girlfriends sister has a house there. Hopefully well get to stay there. If not thanks for the tip.

you will drive right thru kingman,( on I40) and exit at Beale st, heading towards Las Vegas, then keep right and get on hwy 68 thru Golden Valley, over Union pass, takes you right in to Bullhead.
It WILL be hot there! projected to be 107 there! rain scheduled for wed thru fri,

Yep. It'll be warm. Always is when we come thru there. At least it'll be later in the day. 6pm +

Progress:
image.jpg

Laughlin ,Nevada!
some of the week day rates are very low!
Harrahs (best in Laughlin) as low as $23 weekdays,
plus they have the BEST buffet, !!!!
I'd avoid colorado bell, edgewater, pioneer, don laughlins as they ar kinda run down,

Ha! That's funny. Only have to go thru the whole state of AZ and the width of CA still. o_O

Love this thread Tori, Feels like I'm on the trip with you. How many miles you put on it so far?

1/4 TANK OF GAS? In AZ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Don't push it! I coasted in to a station on fumes once along that stretch... Very scary. Plus, I almost died of heat exhaustion. Was scared to use the AC and run out of gas so rolled the windows down, but wanted to be semi-aerodynamic (in a brick, I know...) so left the windows up. AZ... during the summer... No AC... And windows up! Yeah, not one of my better days. :dead: