Flo-rida

bogies87

Ok all you Floridians, where is the best place to live down yonder? Where is there ample employment opportunities, lower cost of living, beautiful scenery?

I went to school in Gainesville...it was awesome. Lots of jobs, low cost of living, great weather, lots of greenery, close enough to water, low crime rate...It was voted one of the best places to live in the U.S. not too long ago.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I keep saying I am moving south and going to stop in hardware stores, when I find one that doesnt sell snow shovels I will call it home. So Cuba may be in my journey....lol

I've lived n the Volusia county area(daytona area) nearly my entire life.no snow shovels here.Presently sitting pool side and sweating :cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Depends what you do for work. Florida is mostly a service based industry (food and tourism). My family moved there in the 80's. Always nice and warm. You'd better like it hot and humid because it's like that most of the year (right now is prime time to visit).

If you want low cost of living and the best beaches you can't beat the panhandle. However, you're also going to have the fewest employment opportunity (unless it's a military related job) and the lowest pay.
The culture is more Southern here (Think Alabama), and the roads tend to be non congestive unless you live along the main coastal route 98. Pensacola is actually closer to Nashville than Orlando. Ponder that one.. Which is nice if you ever need to drive to the midwest to visit relatives. Orlando area will most likely offer the most jobs opportunity/ cost of living/ easy travel (cheap flights) and plenty to do. If you're wanting the beach all Orlando has to offer then the Cocca Beach area is relatively close. Traffic is plain awful in Tampa IMO, and Miami is pretty much another country. (in central america) Naples is great if you're rich, and I really don't know why anyone lives in Jacksonville.

Panhandle was nice to see the season change when I lived in Sarasota. Those are the only two places I would go.