First "real" race...any advice?

This car has a built 200R4 with a 3000 stall Precision Industries multi disc L/U convertor programed for forced L/U @ 110 MPH. Which should be around 5600-5700 in third gear. Put the car in D, not OD and leave it there all through the run (the car should shift around 5800 so let it do it's thing--that's why they are called automatics)--once you clear the finish line, bump it up to OD and apply brakes. If you forget to shift to OD, that's ok--only difference is you will have engine braking in D--I prefer to use my brakes to stop --not the eng. You definately need to get some experience before putting OUR work on the line. Best of luck.

I don't know there LOT..... we seem to have know it alls on here who tend to think an automatic can be shifted faster & more precisely manually vs putting it in D and nailing it. After all, taking off in D slows down acceleration, didn't you know that?

Are you sure you built this tranny correctly? J/K kidding man!!;) Good advise.

I guess your info answers my lock-up statement from my earlier post too.:smile:

I don't know there LOT..... we seem to have know it alls on here who tend to think an automatic can be shifted faster & more precisely manually vs putting it in D and nailing it. After all, taking off in D slows down acceleration, didn't you know that?

Are you sure you built this tranny correctly? J/K kidding man!!;) Good advise.

I guess your info answers my lock-up statement from my earlier post too.:smile:

X2 !! "LOT" hit the nail on the head..

I have seen them run solid 12's.

If you were running 14's before ... it may be up in the air , but it sounds like you are getting good advice and a little more experience under your belt before you make the runs :) ---

$uckin6, I'm PM'd you because I have respect for this tight knit community & they don't need to see or read certain things. Although, my PM to you didn't state anything any different than what I'm about to say here.

You have to rant & rave and carry on over someone shooting down your incorrect advise. You sure are quick to call names, just like a child on the playground.

I wasn't talking crap, I was correcting YOUR crappy advice to a novice looking for some help. There is a difference.

So far the best advise has been from KevinB, who is offering to teach her in person, starting off with the basics & then teaching her more from there. That's a stand-up, true gentlemans offer right there. Unlike your yappping about how the NHRA guys do it... dump in race gas & slam gears on an autoloader.:rolleyes:

You gave incorrect info to someone & I busted you on it. Now, you have to come on here, in public, calling names & acting like a child.

Two posts in a row where you throw insults, call names, threaten, and act like a baby. You claim to be someone who hates the internet because of people who act just like you are acting. Ohhh, the irony.

Well, now people see your true colors $uckin6.

it's one thing to correct some one and another when you try to demean, verbally posture up and make an attempt to gratify your self at the expense of others and about busting me, are you implying that i was deliberately giving her false advise on purpose, because if you are then you my chum have taken one too many disco biscuits to the head..... busted lol, i come from a generation where your word was everything and you didn't go around like a lil snot nose punk making false accusations, if you were with in arms reach you would quickly find out i'm not about the talk.

" you would quickly find out i'm not about the talk. "

That was his point correcting you all along wasn't it. :eek: :p

" you would quickly find out i'm not about the talk. "

That was his point correcting you all along wasn't it. :eek: :p

i don't have a problem with constructive criticism,it's the manner in which he responded that irked me, especially when i was just trying to give advice, i'm done with this person as i am taking this thread away from what it was intended

See ya soon mrs fast nasty! Get those things we talked about taken care of. Like I said, bring the family down too, we can leave the kids at my house with my wife while we go to the tracklol.

Divorce lawyer

You're gonna need one. I can't believe that I leave the state for 2days and you lose your mind and post dumb s%^t on the internet.

BTW the second and third divorces are easier.

Call me if I can help.

You're gonna need one. I can't believe that I leave the state for 2days and you lose your mind and post dumb s%^t on the internet.

BTW the second and third divorces are easier.

Call me if I can help.

Haha, Ed:p I'm helping out for the salsa (the kind you eat with chips for all you out there with heads in the gutter;)) Who won the sword fight between you and Tom?:wink:

Salsa HUH never called it that!
hey Ive got an old turbo link i still use for trobleshooting and a spare scanmaster with a lighter cord and allagator clip.I just use to plug into differant cars if you need to borrow either

Id look into some tall drag slicks and some 110 octane. 22-23 psi and a good 7-8psi launch should net you 11.0. The last Neon i raced made a lot of noise but it was a turd. It was maybe a mid to high 12 sec car at best. I walked all over him 3 times from various road speeds of at least 45mph. It wasnt even close. If we raced from a stop i would have drilled him even harder. My car us capable of high 10's the way it is.

Id look into some tall drag slicks and some 110 octane. 22-23 psi and a good 7-8psi launch should net you 11.0. The last Neon i raced made a lot of noise but it was a turd. It was maybe a mid to high 12 sec car at best. I walked all over him 3 times from various road speeds of at least 45mph. It wasnt even close. If we raced from a stop i would have drilled him even harder. My car us capable of high 10's the way it is.

She needs help with the driving part before we turn it up too far.