First ever alum GN rims. pics.

I just talk to them on the phone and I am going to get them in a 17s . The lady I taked to said that the 15s were around $2100 and the bigger you go the price only goes a few hundred bucks . I did not get a total yet I am going to call back friday and lock it in!! The 15s you can get in 6 weeks the 18s or 17s might take up to 12 weeks.

Cant wait to see it! Post some pics as soon as you get them! :cool:

I just talk to them on the phone and I am going to get them in a 17s . The lady I taked to said that the 15s were around $2100 and the bigger you go the price only goes a few hundred bucks . I did not get a total yet I am going to call back friday and lock it in!! The 15s you can get in 6 weeks the 18s or 17s might take up to 12 weeks.

updates?

I am glad that someone took the inicative to do this. I personaly don't like them as much as the stockers:eek:. JMO. Guess I would have to see them in person. It is, however, nice that they are being produced. Great for someone that want's to keep the factory look and lose weight to shave e.t's:cool:

Jeff

X2

Anyone else order a set?

Mike B.

Umkay, I'm in love with those rims and I do have a little $$ stashed away that the wifey doesn't know about (shh...) but i'm a total Noob GN owner(wanted one for 23 years tho;)) and have been lurking and reading but just joined. My question is, if I have flared GNX style fenders would I have room for another 1/2" or width? I mean, who wouldn't want another 1/2" if they could have it:D

Alan

Ok, I want 17x8 with 4" backspacing for the fronts, and 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing for the rears and you can count me in for a set come tax time. What was the weight of one of those wheels???

WOW

HOME RUN !!! :cool:

GRAND SLAM !!! ;)

PERFECT GAME !!!! :eek:

UNASSISTED TRIPLE PLAY !!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

ALL ROLLED INTO ONE :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Perfectly said!

Now if these rim companies would realize the amount of popularity larger sock look-a-likes have, they'd make a killing! Imagine how cool a '85 442 with stock ralley look-a-likes in 18's would look!

Ok, I want 17x8 with 4" backspacing for the fronts, and 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing for the rears and you can count me in for a set come tax time. What was the weight of one of those wheels???

The stock GN rims are 28 lbs each.

These new alum GN rims are 16.8 lbs each.

Mike B.

SPOOLFOOL2, Mike

You sure do get things rolling. (ie. wheels, lifters etc.) The BIG difference with you is, you follow through.

I had the same idea only with another mark's wheels. It's ralley wheels came in 14" originally. An owner's choices for 14" tires are few. Hence the reason why I thought of a scaled up aluminum wheel to get rid of the weight and access to a choice in tires.

It's great that you found a company with vision in the marketplace.

The factory's wheels are over kill in weight. You've got to wonder if GM has or had some twisted Federal Restriction to produce such monsters.

Thanks!

where is that photo someone doctored up? Somebody in here ,with skills, stretched out a set of factory rims to look like 18's or even 20's... I wanna see that photo again!

Perfectly said!

Now if these rim companies would realize the amount of popularity larger sock look-a-likes have, they'd make a killing! Imagine how cool a '85 442 with stock ralley look-a-likes in 18's would look!

Jeremy, 100% agree! Makes me wish I had a cutlass!

Attachments

• cutlass.jpg
    cutlass.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,364
Now if these rim companies would realize the amount of popularity larger sock look-a-likes have, they'd make a killing! Imagine how cool a '85 442 with stock ralley look-a-likes in 18's would look![/QUOTE]

I really wanted the 17" Buick Rallys made by wheel vintiques for my 86 Regal, but at $630 a wheel, it was WAY out of my budget. So I settled for some reconditioned 15"ers.

No way I could afford to have 3k wrapped up in a set of those wheels and tires!

It's a huge market, I'm guessing Budnik is onto something here.. I really cant wait to see what thier 17" looks like.

I've talked to Shiela a couple of times, and they are ready to take my order for 17" mods, and sent me a mockup of what they will look like, however I cant figure out what BS, width, and tire-size to run on it.

Here's what i'm thinking about:

Front - 17x8" wheel with 4" backspace, running 245/45/17 tires.
Back - 17x9.5" wheel with 4.75 backspace running 275/40/17 meats.

I'm going to cut 3/4 of a coil off and use the Savitske upper control arms to bring the front down 2" or so w/better geometry. I'll upgrade bushings front an rear and add a rear pan-hard bar also.

I've talked to Shiela a couple of times, and they are ready to take my order for 17" mods, and sent me a mockup of what they will look like, however I cant figure out what BS, width, and tire-size to run on it.

Here's what i'm thinking about:

Front - 17x8" wheel with 4" backspace, running 245/45/17 tires.
Back - 17x9.5" wheel with 4.75 backspace running 275/40/17 meats.

I'm going to cut 3/4 of a coil off and use the Savitske upper control arms to bring the front down 2" or so w/better geometry. I'll upgrade bushings front an rear and add a rear pan-hard bar also.

I run the same size tires and 4.75 B.S. rear. But, I run 4.5" B.S. front with a 17 x 8 wheel.