Finally got some time.

I definatly feel your pain...lol..Infact, I have some rust in that very same area and same side as yours. Im not trying to get ahead of myself though and just focusing on my frame and interior metal work first..If you noticed on my build when i finished my trunk floor i made filler peices in the trunk on each side where that gap is between the trunk floor and inside of qtrs. Thats why these cars commonly rust so bad there..But now that my trunk floor is completely sealed off i have no choice but to do a butt weld on the the bottom qtr repair, its not real bad but definatly needs attention when I start the body work..So anyway i hope maybe we can all help with sugestions if you run into a snag

I hope I don't run into a snag but like I said, I'm not a body man.:redface: I'm doing this in preperation of the 82 GN so I don't screw it up. It will give me the experience to tackle the floors and T tops. I know it's rusty but I'm hoping for the best on it.:smile:

you should sell me those tires....

The tires or the wheels? The tires are shot and the 2 fronts don't hold air anymore.:mad: It's been sitting for 3 years while I've been trying to get it into the shop. I've never seen tires fall apart like this but they're shot.:mad:

IThe tires or the wheels? The tires are shot and the 2 fronts don't hold air anymore.:mad: It's been sitting for 3 years while I've been trying to get it into the shop. I've never seen tires fall apart like this but they're shot.:mad:

you need to spend some time in the desert..... rubber last less than a summer out here in the sun.

A.j.

Kinda scary Aj.

yea, slicks...,. even off the floor with a towel over them in a climate controled garage dry out over just one summer.

Thats why I love finding some 20 year old bias plys that still hold air out here....... there like solid plastic tires! a tiny ol' 8.50-15 will out smoke a 30 wide slick in a burnout contest!

that rubber gets rock hard and just belches smoke out!

lol..... gotta love that dryness.

A.j.

That's not a bad idea. I need to see if I can find a burn out contest now.

actually, the rims are cool. The wires on my car are completley f*cked and I want to maybe go with a more original look, or I can buy some 20's:biggrin:

actually, the rims are cool. The wires on my car are completley f*cked and I want to maybe go with a more original look, or I can buy some 20's:biggrin:

Well they're 14's so they're cheap rims from my perspective. I've got 9 15's and 2 16's right now to replace them. I just haven't decided which to go with yet. Aj's already partially paid for 2 of the 15's so he gets the slot mags and GNeric has spoken for 2 of the westerns that look like the WH1 wheels. I'm looking to score some 16" TTA fronts to go with the ARE wheels I've got but if that falls through them I can fall back on the others.:biggrin:

LOL Paint a bag of Skittles on it with some multi-colored 26s on it:biggrin: But siriusly, since its an 82, I would keep it original and just get some to replace the old ones... but I`m not your boss:biggrin:

LOL Paint a bag of Skittles on it with some multi-colored 26s on it:biggrin: But siriusly, since its an 82, I would keep it original and just get some to replace the old ones... but I`m not your boss:biggrin:

It's a resto mod Jase so it doesn't really matter. I want to put it together like GM should've put the first GN together.:cool::biggrin:

It's a resto mod Jase so it doesn't really matter. I want to put it together like GM should've put the first GN together.:cool::biggrin:

Oh ok. Well I was tossing the idea around about using chrome Z06 wheels and possibly dropping it if there is still room. I seen a 70s Firebird that had a Z06 chassis and drive train... I think that`s what they used to make the tribute Firebird to Burt Reynolds too and it was sick:cool:

Well they're 14's so they're cheap rims from my perspective. I've got 9 15's and 2 16's right now to replace them. I just haven't decided which to go with yet. Aj's already partially paid for 2 of the 15's so he gets the slot mags and GNeric has spoken for 2 of the westerns that look like the WH1 wheels. I'm looking to score some 16" TTA fronts to go with the ARE wheels I've got but if that falls through them I can fall back on the others.:biggrin:

i fergots about thems.... you needs moneys charlie?

A.j.

Got more done

Well here's the latest pics. It was a bit of a b!tch but the inner is done and the outer is mounted now. My boo boo is very apparent but I don't thik it will be a problem. If I can get her done quick enough I'll be using her for my DD while I fix my regular car.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 464
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 454
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 446
The other issue is what happened last weekend. The dirt car is down for a while. It seems that a rod bolt broke and it aint pretty.:frown: It isn't mine but it does tell me to make sure your rod bolts are in good condition. The crank is trashed and 2 rods as well as pistons will need to be replaced.:mad: At least there's enough room for us all now though.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 459
  • DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 449
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 449
Well here's the latest pics. It was a bit of a b!tch but the inner is done and the outer is mounted now. My boo boo is very apparent but I don't thik it will be a problem. If I can get her done quick enough I'll be using her for my DD while I fix my regular car.:biggrin:

looking good just make sure you have the end of that panel flairs out. soon you will be putting filler on just make sure any where you put filler its bare metal. there is this stuff called all metal USC All-Metal Premium Aluminum Filled Auto Body Filler
i would give it a try for the first coat. then use regular filler or metal glaze to finish it off. Evercoat 414 Metal Glaze OEM

There is one thing I didn't know about the car when I started doing the repair though. I'll try and take a pic to show you later. It seems that there's a vairation in the wheel wells. The 83 has a big rib running down the full legnth of it in the middle and the one I got is a later one which doesn't. It will look the same from the out side so you shouldn't notice it.

Thanks for the link on the filler Matt. I was wondering where to get some. Is it water proof?

Looking good Charlie. There are alot of lines that come together in that part of the quarter, but you'll get it right. I didn't realize you were going to fix the 83 as well. That's cool using it as a test car and daily driver. Going to be a good thread. Good luck and keep it up.