finally back after my 2nd back surgery

No problem bud. Hope you feel better and can drive the car soon. Just remember that Noble is just around the corner. You have to be mobil in October to help kill some ferds with the rest of us. LOL

U know I'm always down for killikng fords

Just remind me of the place and time. I'll rehab for that in a jiffy, the right foot can still put the pedal through the floorboard.

Hey guys i know what your going through,, mine is ruptured L-3-4-5 too.. my doc said he could do a 3 disc but he didnt think i would work out for me because of my disc,, now i have a disc gone now, so its bone on bone,,, i'm going to my back doctor thur to see if he can remove these bone spurs for me i have 4 to 5 now,,, to see if it will eas the pain somewhat...
i know how it is when you cant even wipe your own ass,, been their done that,, it make you feel useless and you feel like a little kid....hahahaha....
anyways my doc said it will never get any better, sometimes its hard to take,, when you done things for so long and have to make a big change in life,,, i hardly can work on the cars anymore, i'm mostly setting and looking at them,,,,,,guys take care of them backs...

well just back from doc yesterday, the pain been kinda bad for a while just could not stand it anymore, they are going to do a 2 disc fusion. he thinks this will end some of the pain but not all of it.. i've got to do something its just got to the point gota do something... so the 12 of april is the d-day....... wish me luck..... i'll try and get on here from time to time.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. Typing this from my office at the day job with an ice pack on my back. Just got back this week after being out for two weeks with a back strain. Doing a limited light duty schedule this week and hopefully back full next week. Can't imagine what you are going thru.:eek::frown:

thanks mark,,, i have nearly another ruptured disc again thats on a nerve.. this will make the 3rd time going in but really 2nd time doing anthing major.... just keep the ice on it and do the stretching excerise they tell you to do and it will help i know been their done that deal......

take it easy after if it's your 1st surgery

no lifting over 10lbs for about 3-6 months. make sure you talk to your dr and the nurses in the recovery room. let them know to make sure you don't wake up wanting to know why if feels like your spine was ripped out. not trying to scare you but if this is your 1st be aware that in recovery they have to give you a limited amount of narcotics to make you comfortable. worst pain i was in through the entire thing was the 1st surgery. 1 hr of pure hell, but it got better, make sure you walk as you'll want the cathiter out of you asap. when you show them you can walk and get up they'll pull it out. i hated that, but part of it. then walk every 4 hrs or so, just don't overdue it and give yourself plenty of morphine to help keep the pain at a level you can tolerate. my button was in 10 min cycles and it helped somewhat. for those of us TB brothers going through it hope you get better. i know how it feels, dealt with this since 91 so i wasn't new to it, pain meds or anything else they gave me. just got back from 2 week follow up and the dr said it looks good with good spacing inbetween the spine. just take care of yourself afterwards and always wear your spine stim simulator for the 4 hrs they tell you to and don't miss a day. it'll help your back fuse like it should. i got into the habit of wearing it late at night between 12-4ish while i was trying to sleep. that way it didn't really interfer with things i did during the day. good luck and hope your recovery goes well. keep us posted

no lifting over 10lbs for about 3-6 months. make sure you talk to your dr and the nurses in the recovery room. let them know to make sure you don't wake up wanting to know why if feels like your spine was ripped out. not trying to scare you but if this is your 1st be aware that in recovery they have to give you a limited amount of narcotics to make you comfortable. worst pain i was in through the entire thing was the 1st surgery. 1 hr of pure hell, but it got better, make sure you walk as you'll want the cathiter out of you asap. when you show them you can walk and get up they'll pull it out. i hated that, but part of it. then walk every 4 hrs or so, just don't overdue it and give yourself plenty of morphine to help keep the pain at a level you can tolerate. my button was in 10 min cycles and it helped somewhat. for those of us TB brothers going through it hope you get better. i know how it feels, dealt with this since 91 so i wasn't new to it, pain meds or anything else they gave me. just got back from 2 week follow up and the dr said it looks good with good spacing inbetween the spine. just take care of yourself afterwards and always wear your spine stim simulator for the 4 hrs they tell you to and don't miss a day. it'll help your back fuse like it should. i got into the habit of wearing it late at night between 12-4ish while i was trying to sleep. that way it didn't really interfer with things i did during the day. good luck and hope your recovery goes well. keep us posted

My back hurts even worse after reading that!:eek:

no this is not my first time,, this will make my 3rd..... and whats bad is my surgery is about a 2 hrs drive from my house..... the 1 week follow-up is the worse when i had my 1st surgery,,,, they was like 2 hrs behind to see me,, so i was hog heaven when i finally got in to see him,,,, first thing he said seems like you feel great....hahahahaha,,,,,,,,,,,,he would of too if he knew how many pills i had taken in the waiting room.

well just back from doc yesterday, the pain been kinda bad for a while just could not stand it anymore, they are going to do a 2 disc fusion. he thinks this will end some of the pain but not all of it.. i've got to do something its just got to the point gota do something... so the 12 of april is the d-day....... wish me luck..... i'll try and get on here from time to time.

Talk to your doc about an artificial disc replacement, 25% of fusion surgeries go t!ts up at some point and you could be back in to "fix" the fix... Good luck whatever way you go!

I've done have,i have had the disc gone now for prob about 2 years, its just got worse,,,its been 11 years since my first back surgery, he told me then it would only last me 10 years back then,,, he want ted to do the 2 disc first he thinks it will last me another 10 years and prob have to do a third then... i trust this guy alot, from my first surgery,,,,, the 2nd one was just to remove some bone spurs and why they went in thatr time was a fragment got hung in a nerve carall it was a constant pain..... so ive done great over the years...so i cant complain..... also the place i went to was health south of b/ham in alabama they do alot of sports people... when i had my fist one done thriple h was their when he had knee surgery.

I've done have,i have had the disc gone now for prob about 2 years, its just got worse,,,its been 11 years since my first back surgery, he told me then it would only last me 10 years back then,,, he want ted to do the 2 disc first he thinks it will last me another 10 years and prob have to do a third then... i trust this guy alot, from my first surgery,,,,, the 2nd one was just to remove some bone spurs and why they went in thatr time was a fragment got hung in a nerve carall it was a constant pain..... so ive done great over the years...so i cant complain..... also the place i went to was health south of b/ham in alabama they do alot of sports people... when i had my fist one done thriple h was their when he had knee surgery.

Yup, I have been there, also. I had both hips replaced 23 years ago (2 hips, a new house, and the GN in 4 months, WHEW!) and they warned me that I may develope back problems about 10 years down the road. They were spot on. Three back surgeries, the last one a fusion in a span of 4 years. I can't really work, but, for the last 9 years, I can play golf every day, with a cart of course.

So I don't have to sell my clubs

Yup, I have been there, also. I had both hips replaced 23 years ago (2 hips, a new house, and the GN in 4 months, WHEW!) and they warned me that I may develope back problems about 10 years down the road. They were spot on. Three back surgeries, the last one a fusion in a span of 4 years. I can't really work, but, for the last 9 years, I can play golf every day, with a cart of course.

Good to hear, had several tell me to sell them. I miss my calloways, did u have to alter ur swing

Good to hear, had several tell me to sell them. I miss my calloways, did u have to alter ur swing

There wasn't a whole lot to alter, since I didn't start golfing until after my first surgery, which is when I retired. My wife said I had to find something to do or I would die. What she meant was that if I didn't find something to do she was going to kill me.

The major problem I have with my back is bending. I can't go much past my knees. Using the club as a crutch I can tee up a ball. I can't reach the bottom of the cup so I use a retriever on the end of my putter. I have no problem rotating my hips or torso. My golfing partners say my swing looks completely normal. I don't hit very long, maybe 230 to 250 with my driver. But I can work the ball right or left. I am only at a 16 handicap, but I am still improving. Golf is so addicting.

I also still throw a 16 pound bowling ball and carry a 200 average every week.

I pitched every inning of every game, except one, for 18 years, for my softball team, all after the hips were replaced. The only game I missed was the first game of the season after the fusion. I would still be pitching if the team didn't fold. So, keep your head up, there is still life after back surgery!!