Fedor falls to Werdum

benoitthegr8

Sociopathic TR Ownership
As a MMA fan I love to watch Fedor fight, he tries to finish fights and due to this he ended up getting caught and submitted.... The funny thing was after his stunning loss, the guy has the same look on his face and when asked how he was feeling he says something to the effect of in order to fall you have to be standing to begin with.... some how it must be a relief to him to finally lose a fight, I'm still disappointed we won't get to see him go with Overeem.

Fedor made a huge mistake going into Werdum's guard like that.
Unless Werdum was really dazed, he was throwing himself into his opponents strong suit.
Hats off to Fabricio for the slick submission.
He should fight Overeem next. Who does Fedor fight....Bigfoot? Meh...
The biggest loser is M-1/Finklestein, he will no longer be able to haggle with the UFC.
To be honest, I wonder if this loss puts a nail in the coffin of Fedor ever fighting in the UFC?

Is this the great russian fedor that was unbeatable?

Anyone got vid?

This was Fedor's first legitimate loss in 10 years.
For a man that is 5"11 and could be a lhw, this is not too bad.

This is less losses than St. Pierre or Anderson Silva have and it was to a better opponent.
UFC huggers and Shertards are going to run with this though.
There are dangers when trying to finish fights.
However I have never seen a boring fight with Fedor.

Years back, top level fighters from Pride entered the UFC. THEY FOUGHT THEIR HEARTs OUT against UFC fighters! Fedor decided to stay and fight "B" fighters.

Joe

He is human, the law of numbers shows this. Your bound to lose at some point. Wait til his next fight.

UFC huggers and Shertards are going to run with this though.
There are dangers when trying to finish fights.
However I have never seen a boring fight with Fedor.

Yeah the Sherdog site was nearly impossible to get on immediately after the fight.... there were probably so many people trying to post the server couldn't handle the volume. It was hilarious all the threads in the UFC forum on Fedor directly after the fight.... I would like to see the guy finish his contract in SF, hopefully Fink realizing his cash cow has lost all its bargaining power maybe they can work something reasonable out with the UFC. I think Dana would still give him a contract out of Spite and put him in there with the best the UFC has just to discredit the guy.... Dana is that type of guy, or he would say Fedor is damaged goods... we don't want him.

im a huge fedor fan, but he made a big mistake jumping on werdum. werdum is the best heavyweight submission grappler on the planet, hes a 2 time adcc champion. fedor took the fight the only place he could have lost. in werdums gaurd. i guess once youve crumbled men your entire career you get used to hitting them, them falling down, you swarming and thats it. hopefully he changes the gameplan a lil, wins the rematch and gets back to winning fights.

I am no mma expert or fighter;) However I thought some of these dudes would take a broke arm or pass out before tapping? To be all that they hyped as one of russia greastest blah blah that was not pretty...

Yes I would have tapped way before;)

I want to see the rematch.

Any fighter can lose a fight and there are very few who remain undefeated throughout their career but that doesn't mean they are bad fighters.

Also as far as letting someone break your arm vice tapping out is not going to help you at all you are still going to lose after your arm is broken, I would think it's going to be a lot easier to come back and less painful after tapping out.

The only heavyweight boxer to retire undefeated was Rocky Marciano and he had to know if he continued sooner or later someone would have beaten him.

I am no mma expert or fighter;) However I thought some of these dudes would take a broke arm or pass out before tapping? To be all that they hyped as one of russia greastest blah blah that was not pretty...

Yes I would have tapped way before;)

Your forgiven, we know your a biased Jack Link's Sausage boy fan.... :D