Getting close to the end me thinks.

We made the decision this morning to end his suffering. I wish we could cut that 7yrs in half. :(

I feel your pain, I know it all to well. God bless you and your family.

Thank you for saying that.

It is kind of funny that in the early years when we are chasing them around the yard and playing with them and when they will not sleep unless they are cuddled up next to us that we forget how short our time together really is. I take some comfort in knowing that Max lived in a loving home and never wanted for anything.

One of the most difficult decisions/finalities I have ever had to make was made this morning. 11am on Saturday we are putting a end to his pain and suffering, the gates of puppy heaven are being left open for him.

I will be with him when his eye's close forever and then go to the bar to drown my sorrow for a while.
131218_0000.jpg

I wish he and your family the best, it is a very difficult thing to do. Time will heal the pain, just remember all the good times!

Sorry for you loss. Being with him for his last moments is going to be tough but he will know he was loved.

I know we are coming up to this soon with one of our pups. She is a ~13yr old Cocker Spaniel She has been slowing down a lot over the past year but still seems to be going along okay; she is deaf, but she is still eating and will jump up on the bed to get all the pets she can but I know that will not last forever. I rescued her a few years back from an in-law that should never of had a dog. I have tried to make the rest of her life as comfortable as possible. Our 1yr old Cocker/Retriever mix and 3yr old Jack Russel Chiuaua mix have been paying more attention to her recently which makes me wonder if something is wrong. The vet sees nothing so far other than some arthritis.

She never had a bed of her own till I brought her home and this is the first thing she did.
OtimLmqb.jpg

I am not sure what we did to deserve these great animals.

9/23/2016 10:21AM we put our Springer Ginger down. We enjoyed 14 years with her. She too had cancer in her hip that she lived with for nearly 2 years. I still tear up when I think about her, best damn dog we ever had. We were messed up for nearly a week without her, kept looking for her in her "spot." Dogs are great animals. Brother, I feel your pain. I wish we were less busy to train a new puppy, I sure do miss the companionship.

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
As soon as you are ready, go save another dog, I waited about a month and my wife drug me to the humane society. I was not ready but by the time I left, I had a new pal with me. Cured me! I have had him 13 years now, he saved me more than I saved him.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts, a great community I am thankful for. I read Max the reply's, seems he does enjoy a good read.... especially if he is the main subject (typical guy....LOL :p).