FBI/Law Enforcement Grand Nationals and GNXs

The simplest way to deactivate the DRL on older GM models was to just press the parking brake down one notch. Didn't affect the brakes but it did turn the DRL off.

There was usually also a fuse (conveniently labeled "DRL") that did nothing else but kill the stupid things. My '97 Suburban was done this way - it didn't kill the light on the dash, just the ones that mattered outside.

When they went to the newer body style truck in '99-00, the used a sensor on the dash that needs to be defeated with a resistor from Radio Shack as the dealers wouldn't change the ECU programming to shut it off.

Im in for one maybe even two. One could go in the locker to raise my spirits when i step foot in my 22k mile 08 crown vic and wonder why i dont here a whistle noise or see a bulge hood! Doh!:mad:

Where are the posters??? Is anybody working on this great idea still??? If so, I'm definetly interested in buying a few....:cool:

Where are the posters??? Is anybody working on this great idea still??? If so, I'm definetly interested in buying a few....:cool:

I had 2 posters.

Mine is personalized and the other is at a friend's house. His is not signed, but we can't locate it at the moment. If we cannot find his then I will try to get mine retouched and run off a few copies.

It seems like there is a lot of interest in this poster.:cool:

I have seen one, with my own eyes (I assume he was a Trooper, since it was on a U.S.Highway), pull over someone. Back in 1991 around Christmas leave, I was driving home to Boston, from Va.Beach. Later that afternoon, just before sunset, I was on the East U.S. 84 somewhere in Conn. I was playing around with this guy who was in a chevy or buick station wagon. Lucky for me, when this GN come form behind, I didn't take the bait. The GN had tinted windows, and he was taunting us to race. The station wagon played along, and all of a sudden, blue lights started flashing from the grille. It scared the SH@T out of me, I had NO FREAKING IDEA. I was going to have some fun, but since I got a ticket on the HORRIBLE N.J. Turnpike a couple hours back, I was a little hesitant. THANK GOD :):).

I've always heard stories about the FED GN's, but have not seen one myself. The above is a true story though, it was a really sweet GN too :):):).

I'd also be interested in a poster.

Back in 1987 I got stopped by one of CTSP TTypes in my 'stang. Surprised the hell outta me when turned on his lights. My girlfriend worked at County Line Buick back then and checked for me found out that yes the Statezz were using TTypes & mustang LXs.

Got to drive a couple turbo Buicks back then and converted me to the dark side:cool:

If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing a CT state police TR with the Light rack and state police sticker and i believe the CT state police crescent on the doors. I also remember it being like a tan color. I can't find any evidence of this so it must have been a dream.

I'd also like one of the posters. It's been a year now and if someone were to get it going it would be great?

D