FBI/Law Enforcement Grand Nationals and GNXs

Just go back to the first post and read how silly the story of GN/132 sounds. :mad:

I wasn't disagreeing that the car the thread was started about sounds bogus.

turbofish38 said:
OK time to play Truth Or STFU. All of the newer GM cars have DRL(Daytime Running Lights). Even the Impala 9C1, Tahoe and Camaro B4C. How many undercover cars in your jurisdiction have this feature defeated?:

I admit I haven't seen any in my area, probably because I'm not out in the seedy side of town when they are prowling. My only point was that GM did make provisions for surveillance and military vehicles to get what they wanted/needed, whether it was from the factory or companies that outfitted these agencies.

Check out Page 2, Electrical Features...CHEVROLET IMPALA 4-DOOR SEDAN
9C1 POLICE PACKAGE - MARKED PATROL

and Page 14, Surveillance Switch

or Line 46

It really doesn't make a difference to me if the FBI or anyone else used our favorite turbo car or not. I just think the stories add to the mystique or aura of them.

I dug the poster out of my closet. The tube was dated 1996.

I bumped into a fellow Buick enthusiast at the Buick Weekend at Raceway Park in '96 and we start talking about cars we had. It turns out the gentleman I was talking to was a retired CT State Trooper and he mentioned he had a poster or 2 left over from some campaign that the state ran back in 87-88.

He is the bike cop pictured next to the GN. Heckuva nice guy. He asked for my address and sent me the poster not too long after the event was over. I've only seen one other like it at a real early Kirban event that was held at the Willow Grove AFB.

Oh that's bad-azz.

Can you take it to a fed / ex kinko's and have them scan it to a digital image (jpg) and share with us?

I am sure we can get a few guys to chip in for the cost. 10 guys donate $2 each via paypal?

I got a cool poster from a auto body / tech school or high school or something around here somewhere I have to dig up...

Oh that's bad-azz.

Can you take it to a fed / ex kinko's and have them scan it to a digital image (jpg) and share with us?

I am sure we can get a few guys to chip in for the cost. 10 guys donate $2 each via paypal?

I got a cool poster from a auto body / tech school or high school or something around here somewhere I have to dig up...

I'd chip in for one.

Oh that's bad-azz.

Im worken on getten one as we speak from a friend of mine who is the Resident Trooper Sgt. with the CT. SP in the town I live in. I have spoken with him in the past about it and he says it's at his parents house in the garage somewhere. I just saw him over the weekend when they were doing a DUI check point around the corner from my house. I asked him again about the poster and he said he will get back to me this week.

I told him I just needed to borrow it to make copies of it. He said no problem. When I get my hands on it I'll let you guys know and have some copies made up.

Im worken on getten one as we speak from a friend of mine who is the Resident Trooper Sgt. with the CT. SP in the town I live in. I have spoken with him in the past about it and he says it's at his parents house in the garage somewhere. I just saw him over the weekend when they were doing a DUI check point around the corner from my house. I asked him again about the poster and he said he will get back to me this week.

I told him I just needed to borrow it to make copies of it. He said no problem. When I get my hands on it I'll let you guys know and have some copies made up.

Hey Man, let me know what I owe you,, THANKS!

Ty

Oh wow. I semi-remember when state troopers were using Mustangs. I don't remember them using GN's. Pretty cool. I'd like to have been able to have seen it up close. I'd like to see how the incognito light bar was hidden. :cool:

Sorry if I committed someone to something that may be a lot of work for them. :D

About that GN in the pic:

1. What is that where the rear view mirror is? Is that a sticker on the back of the mirror or a light?

2. Is that a GN badge on the side?

3. Are the 3.8 SFI emblems missing from the hood? Or is it just hard to see?

4. Does it look like it is raised up a little in the front?

OK I know I asked & the reply was GN & T's were CT cars

BUT were any T-Limiteds? my digi dash goes way beyond 85

Brett, please let me know when/how much. I'm wanting one, as well. Would be very kewl in my garage framed!!

I don't remember CT ever using Limiteds, but then again never actually saw a GN in police trim either, but that would explain why everybody would slow down and move over when I was driving my GN at the time along 95 through Hartford. Typically the state wants the least expensive cars they can get, so it stood to reason the majority of them would have been T's. There were still a few in service as late as 91 or so-I remember my ex-brother in law sending me state surplus auction info that would still feature one or two of these cars as late as 93-94.