Fastest 231ci Buick?

Very nice. If guys could get there Buicks down to 3000 pounds you would see alot of TSM cars running that fast.

Hot on your tail you whaskly whabbit.

Nice vid. I wonder what it would have done if it had stayed straight.

I see it was a video responce to the... ah hum... fastest toyota street truck.:D

Your truck brings new meaning to the words "pick-up" as in pick-up the front wheels!:eek: :biggrin: Badass as usual, thanks for sharing the video.:cool:

I think you got a little more in the combo! :)

My TSM car went 5.8-5.9 in the 1/8th at 3570-3600 lbs. Most of the faster TSM cars are pushing toward 5.60s in the 1/8th at over 3500 lbs.

My TSM car went 5.8-5.9 in the 1/8th at 3570-3600 lbs. Most of the faster TSM cars are pushing toward 5.60s in the 1/8th at over 3500 lbs.
That's what, about 1,050 bhp?

Aren't TSM cars also running stroker motors and are well over 231ci??

There are some 249 strokers and some 234s out there and they are all in the same range. In TSM, the turbo is the limit so the strokers don't really get a chance to see their full potential.. What turbo and heads are you running? If you are running 231 cu in you got a sweet setup. I wonder what would happen if you went with a stroker setup and a little bigger turbo?? Low 5's?

You could come over here and clean house doing a few grudge races for some $$$$

Aren't TSM cars also running stroker motors and are well over 231ci??

Some, but they must be under 250ci and weigh 3550. Im sure they would take the 550lb weight break and run a slighty smaller ci if they could:wink: . I think Dons is 224ci and weighs around 3300. Not too many guys opt to run a 231 when the classes allow more ci. A really fast 231 would be in the 8.40-8.50 range at 3500lbs. That would basically be a TSO car with a 231ci engine.

That's what, about 1,050 bhp?
Just about and with a tiny 3 bolt 70 or 71 turbo:eek: . Thats basically defying all the rules of performance. Heads up racers always find a way to go really fast even when the rules dampen the potential a lot.

That truck is a bullet. Sounded like he backed out for a little bit too.

That truck is a bullet. Sounded like he backed out for a little bit too.

Thanks - backed out of it twice...stock bore and stroke.. Not interested in TSM, only the facts stated. 231ci v6 @3000lbs. Wondering if it's worth the $$$ to build another, based on my previous best :)

scott wile

Thanks - backed out of it twice...stock bore and stroke.. Not interested in TSM, only the facts stated. 231ci v6 @3000lbs. Wondering if it's worth the $$$ to build another, based on my previous best :)

scott wile

What turbo and heads are you running? I wonder what would happen if you went with a stroker setup and a little bigger turbo?? Low 5's?

Do you need to build another engine? :confused:

scott wile
Scott. Depending on your traction situation, it should be possible to get that combination into the very low 5s.

Went that fast with GN1's, A/A IC and a 76gtq. Switched to a 47/88 and liquid I/C and broke a rod:(

scott wile

Went that fast with GN1's, A/A IC and a 76gtq. Switched to a 47/88 and liquid I/C and broke a rod:(

scott wile
Your tune didn't control cylinder pressures throughout the rpm range well enough. That's not the fault of the components.