FAST XFI Dual Sync Dist

KWIKR 1

setting up a FAST Dual Sync dist on a TT V8 . in the instructions it says use the terminal on the cap that is marked with a black rubber band as #1 . My dist is missing the black band . can I not make any terminal on the cap #1 ? any tips or tricks installing this thing ?

It's a pretty straight forward install. Use the 50 deg crank ref method for sequential operation and individual cylinder control. The instructions give good detail on this.
You'll need to use the proper #1 cylinder so the the cam sync will be in the correct location. See the pic below.
fastdistributor_zps27a3e6c3.jpg

It's a pretty straight forward install. Use the 50 deg crank ref method for sequential operation and individual cylinder control. The instructions give good detail on this.
You'll need to use the proper #1 cylinder so the the cam sync will be in the correct location. See the pic below.
fastdistributor_zps27a3e6c3.jpg

thank you !!!!! so you do have to use the proper cap terminal for number 1? i was told by a few you could make any terminal #1 . But..i figured there must be a reason FAST wants you to use a certain terminal .

You can use any one as long as you adjust the Firing Order Synchronization Table accordingly

I would say since your using a V8 you need to run a bigger cap, you could have cross fire issues,,,,,this is what you get for going v8 instead of v6...:rolleyes:

Thats the first time im hearing about cross fire issues using the fast dist . Norbs..you over think things way too much .you need to get out of that garage and get laid .

The small cap will not have cross fire issues as long as it's properly phased in. 24* at WOT and 40* at idle are good numbers that won't have any cross fire.

The small cap will not have cross fire issues as long as it's properly phased in. 24* at WOT and 40* at idle are good numbers that won't have any cross fire.

Others have suggested I will have cross fire issues with my small cap on a v6, but I hope I don;t either..

Others have suggested I will have cross fire issues with my small cap on a v6, but I hope I don;t either..

Properly phase it and you won't have any issues. If you do have issues it's time to check the rotor to see if the screws have come loose. I have never used a FAST dual sync but the MSD didn't work well at all. There was too much noise in the mag pick-up to get a clean crank signal. I'm sure your not using a dual sync but this will be something for KWIKR 1 to keep an eye on.

I only use hall effect sensors in my setup..........I did run into a noise issue but fixed it with a 1 uf tantalum cap across the sensor power supply. I agree He needs to watch things closely.

Im reading online that its suggested when using the fast dual sync that you twin/loop the unused crank connector wires . but..this is not mentioned in the fast dual sync instruction sheet .

You definitly need to ground the unused crank and cam signals. The cam signal will already be looped in the dual sync harness. The IPU crank signal is usually grounded by putting a loop on the connector

You definitly need to ground the unused crank and cam signals. The cam signal will already be looped in the dual sync harness. The IPU crank signal is usually grounded by putting a loop on the connector

thanks cal !!! unless im not seeing it for some reason in the instruction sheet . but ..its odd why FAST makes no mention of this in the dual sync install instructions .

Quite a few companies like Summit sell XFI's, very few can support them. Please consider us on your next XFI purchase.

When I fire up this thing for the first time . and put a timing light on it . Should the timing match the value (25.00) found in the Fixed Timing Test Advance box ? and if not , do I rotate the dist untill it does or do I change the "Crank Reference Angle (BTDC/50) untill it does match the vaule in the Test Advance Box ?

and once I verify the timing is correct , do I remove the value ( 25.00) from the "Fixed Timing Test Advance" box ?

**Im dropping in the dist at 30 degrees on the compression stroke on #1 **

Thanks !!!