Fake Cat Converter

No. No company would consider offering a "fake" cat. The Feds would shut them down and fine the holy livin' hell outta them. Anyone selling a device that defeats a federal emissions system is subject to a $10,000+ fine and up to 10 yrs in prison. (i'm probably not up to date on the fines though)

On the other hand, there are lots of companies that sell fake (stuffed) kitties. You can find them on the shelf at Toys-R-Us, and Walmart.:p

If you plan on only racing your car at a track;) you can take a long rod (rebar works) and knock the guts out of your existing Cat Converter. When you leave the track, you can install a new cat for your drive home. That is what most guys do. Right Guys??;)

that is exactly what i did.... i knocked all the insides out of my cat... and when i leave the track i just smash it back in..... it rattles a lil' but at least im legal, right:rolleyes:
:tongue:

I think a company called frozen ghost built gutted cats,however they were more than a new cat and gut it yourself:rolleyes:I used a 3 inch from Magnaflow,cheap too:DThen I took a hammer and chisel to it:eek:

Kevin

Frozen Boost All Flow Non Cat Convertor

Ta Da!

Here ya go!

You get full points Kevin, as you were pretty close. Frozen Boost

Attachments

• 3in AllFlow Non Catalytic Converter.jpg
    3in AllFlow Non Catalytic Converter.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 502
I have C.S.R. (can't remember$hit)Thanks Dave for the help:wink:

Kevin

Ok cool. I thought that since these cars are emissions exempt, there would gutless Cats available. I have done the wreaking bar trick with another car, but like mentioned before, it wasn't as ideal as a hollow version. Will check out the frozen boost option. The car has a newer eastern hi-flow cat on it now but I want to add Razor's Alky System and figured this would help spool and flow with the stock turbo. Off road use only --- right..

DSM Intercooler Piping I found this site years ago

here you go, " FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY" but you know how that goes.

Also, If you gut your cat, the flow is a bit distorted, you will hear it also when you take your foot off the gas. EIther get one of these or a HI flow unit.

I say HI flow, like a dynomax Walker Exhaust 15038 - Walker Super Converters - Overview - SummitRacing.com and be legal and forget about it.

You could also do an electric dumpout and have best of both worlds.

thks for the link... those look kinda cool.... might have to upgrade mine...:cool:

I got mine from a company called silicon intakes. Same thing as pictured above. Less then $100 shipped to my door.

This is what I used....

:)

Attachments

• 803-12_ICON.jpg
    803-12_ICON.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 66177_ICON.jpg
    66177_ICON.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 188
Ta Da!

Here ya go!

You get full points Kevin, as you were pretty close. Frozen Boost

Wouldn't this be dangerous in a state that does random road inspections as the body of the above mentioned "cat" would not be as hot as it should be???
The body of a gutted cat probably doesn't get as hot as a functioning cat but should get hotter then this one ??

just trying to learn.

If a cop is dumb enough to actually TOUCH what they THINK is a real cat they deserve way worse then the burnt hand they are going to get even with a fake one. It WILL be hot....very hot. I wish them luck with that.

Exactly, we all know the emission requirements are BS and the EPA are communists. Just look at the diesel pick-up trucks spewing black ****. With a chip they are even worse but thats ok and legal? My idea was to make an attempt to look "real" in case a cop decides to look under to car.