62mm Throttle Plate

MCH86GN

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 62mm throttle plate for a modified stock throttle body that has been opened up to 62mm? I can't seem to find anyone that sells them.

That
Yes , they are both legitimate & highly qualified & recommended!
Thanks 1KWIKSIX.

Do you know if Altered Machine and Design sells new bushings? I think the ones on my throttle body are fine, but they got powder coated and I did not want that done.

Funny side joke, my wife noticed your username and she said I should change mine from MCH86GN to 1KWIKTHREE. Smartass.

If you read the info on his website, it states that he machines the throttle seal bore larger to accept a seal which is readily available , so not a direct drop in
You’d have to mail Greg your throttle body.

Might wanna try G Body Parts for a replacement OEM seal. Pretty sure I recall seeing them there 🤷‍♂️

The seals we have available to us now are a larger OD than factory. So it's too much press when installing. But check/measure your TB before you worry about that. Steve Monroe machined alot of these so yours could be fine. Otherwise the counterbore where the seals is located needs opened up. Don't think he makes bushings but I bet he could based on his credentials. Bushings need to be custom built per each used throttle body due to different wear present. I have done about 4 so far, all required slightly different size bushings to correct the issue. This is close tolerance work fellas. .0001" and you need to factor thermal heat expansion of aluminum body and steel shaft. I can tell you this type of repair makes one HELL of an improvement to your Turbo Buick!!

If you read the info on his website, it states that he machines the throttle seal bore larger to accept a seal which is readily available , so not a direct drop in

Might wanna try G Body Parts for a replacement OEM seal. Pretty sure I recall seeing them there 🤷‍♂️
I thought that I read that, but I couldn't seem to find that statement again. If I have to mail my TB to Greg that's fine.

As it turns out, Greg does not sell the throttle plates individually.

The seals we have available to us now are a larger OD than factory. So it's too much press when installing. But check/measure your TB before you worry about that. Steve Monroe machined alot of these so yours could be fine. Otherwise the counterbore where the seals is located needs opened up. Don't think he makes bushings but I bet he could based on his credentials. Bushings need to be custom built per each used throttle body due to different wear present. I have done about 4 so far, all required slightly different size bushings to correct the issue. This is close tolerance work fellas. .0001" and you need to factor thermal heat expansion of aluminum body and steel shaft. I can tell you this type of repair makes one HELL of an improvement to your Turbo Buick!!
Maybe it's not worth trying to replace the shaft seals and bushings. I bought my TB and Plenum as a package deal from a dude on TB about 7 years ago. He had purchased it from the Kirban, not sure if the seals and bushings were replaced. The main reason I wanted to replace them is they got powder coated because the person did not mask them off. I do believe they are 100% functional though, I am just being nit picking.

My main isssue is that I am not able to locate my throttle plate and I can't seem to find a place to purchase a 62mm throttle plate because they are machined individually and some might be slightly larger or smaller. So I am going to have to pull all the TB parts out and see if I can locate the original 62mm throttle plate that came with the TB.