Factory installed phone. Anyone have one......no, no, anyone have one working in their car?

Dave Dunbar

I know they existed, seen it in the service section in the back of the Buick manual. What do they look like?

Last edited:
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember these! My friend had one is his Doge Shadow! It had a cord on it and everything. We thought we were soooooooooo cool.:cool:

mine has a hole in the back glass and a small antenna looks pretty factory the way the hole is drilled threw the glass and the position of the wire under the headliner

I dug a little deeper, only C,H and E body Buicks had this option.
But maybe it found its way into a G-body.

mine has a hole in the back glass and a small antenna looks pretty factory the way the hole is drilled threw the glass and the position of the wire under the headliner

a hole??? I thought modern systems just had a piece one each side of the glass but no actual hole?

a hole??? I thought modern systems just had a piece one each side of the glass but no actual hole?
yes, a hole I was going to remove mine and was surprised to find a hole threw the glass looks like the glass was made with the hole in it I know I could put a rubber plug in it. but just left it instead.

That was ballsy. In my install days we used through glass antennas on windows. The only time I'd ever drill a hole was in sheetmetal on stuff like work trucks. Never in glass.

That was ballsy. In my install days we used through glass antennas on windows. The only time I'd ever drill a hole was in sheetmetal on stuff like work trucks. Never in glass.
that's what I thought ! and assumed it was factory and made with the hole pre molded

that's what I thought ! and assumed it was factory and made with the hole pre molded

I've seen it done. But I have never done it without shattering the glass. I've practiced on scrap pieces and was always unsuccessful.

I remember looking in the 1987 dealer album they got just a few lines of copy . It was not offered in the Regal but someof the upscale Buick models.

I remember "bag" phones....

Being in the towing business back then I remember the fixed hard phones in BMWs mostly...I towed for a huge BMW dealership back then.

I remember when I got my first cell phone....went to dinner on a Sunday at my folks house and when everyone was sitting down for dinner I went in the other room and called the home number....to get their reaction....

I remember a few years later I took a road trip around the USA....my Dad would call me every other day or so by the time I got home I had a $800 phone bill for the month I was gone!

To this day I use a simple flip phone...can't stand the new ones....even Richard Clark uses a simple flip phone....easy to drive a stick shift car with a flip phone.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

if you had one, it wouldn't work on the modern digital networks... they shut off the last analog cell towers well over a decade ago.

Thats true about analog format.....it would strictly be a novelty item. I have my parents princess phone in my home office also a real payphone no key but I hear money rattling it the coin box.

Formats on many electronic devices change rapidily....in recent years.

denniskirban@yahoo.com