f-body rad, coolers, FMIC, etc.

DCVING 6

Figuring use of a PTE FMIC:

done some searching on the F-body radiator(pn#433918), just want to confirm a few things.
There are no coolers in this rad?

Opinions on trans/oil coolers. model/size/location, etc.

What kind of hoses are needed to make the external coolers work. thread sizes, length, etc?

Thanks

I have an F-body aluminum radiator on my car. It does have a trans cooler so you'll at least need an oil cooler. I have stock location IC so really can't give you more info.

The f body rad does not have an oil cooler but does have a trans cooler if you want to use it. When I researched this I found the b+m super coolers to be the best buy for your money. I ended up finding a rad form a diesel oldsmobile with both coolers in it so I can't answer the rest of your questions. There are a lot of different ways to mount the new oil cooler if you choose to go with the b+m. I'm sure someone can help you with that on here.

Hey DCVING

I recently went through a radiator replacement on my 87 GN. The part number you've got listed (433918) is not a stock replacement. There are 2 problems with it: (a) As you mentioned, it does only have hookups for the trans cooler, and (b) it's only a 20" core. Part number 433162 is the same size as the stock unit (26+"); however, it too only has trans cooler hookups.

To have my radiator repaired and recored would have cost me $350 at a local shop (OUCH). I went on this web site to the "Parts for Sale" area and found a practically brand new stock unit for less than half of that repair cost, including shipping!! Plus, I have more faith in buying something from someone I meet in here versus some dude just looking to make a quick buck on me.

Hope this helps you out.