Ex wife and so called "friend"

CHANCE

No longer a Buick guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So a little back history on my Buick, I bought her back in 2004 just weeks after returning from Iraq. Well six months go by and I'm heading back to Iraq. Fast forward 9 months into the deployment and I find out my "Wife" has emptied our bank account of $36,000.00 dollars and has been screwing around on me and is knocked up.

So I get home and put my Buick on the back burner because of lack of funds (go figure) to replace the floor pan and frame, So I buy a pickup to drive to and from work because the Buick was falling apart because of the rust, and I mean the drivers seat was falling thru the floor. So around comes another deployment and I go to a friend that runs a shop to "restore" my truck, new motor, tranny, Paint and some odd ball body work. We work out a deal of $15,000.00 and a full year to get it done. Well it ends a year and a half later with me having paid over $18,000.00 and getting the truck towed out of his shop because the truck won't run right and the TCI transmission and converter that I paid for ended up being a junkyard tranny and converter. The paint job is rusting thru and cracking and chipping all over the body and any money I had saved up went to replacing the transmission in my truck because the junkyard one took a sh!t.

OK, having said that here's my problem that I need help with. My Buick has been sitting in my back yard just rusting away and two years ago I bought a good frame and body minus the floor (It had rust on the passenger side) and I'm tired of seeing it sit and rust away, and I'm thinking of selling her as much as it pains me because all I ever wanted was a Turbo Buick growing up. What should I do? Sell her? And if so for how much? Thanks for any advice you may have.

Sounds like you have alot of irons in the fire at the moment.
Perhaps the best course of action is to liquidate the Buick parts, catch your breath and regroup - then pick up another Turbo Regal.
But a running, finished car.
It doesn't have to be a show quality 9 second Grand National.
Something nice, and reasonably solid.
I for one think that many of these restos simply don't make good financial sense when compared to the prices of the finished cars available.
Don't let emotion get in the way.
None of us likes to see these cars parted or smushed.
But it has to happen every now n then.
And trust me - you'll forget real quick while you're riding in a new and improved version.
And to hear you describe it - you're talking frame off - body, floor pans, interior - the whole shootin' match.
That takes a full time effort.
They can drain you financially, and time wise.
It sounds like you might be a little short of both at the moment.
And even if the overseas tours subside, I'm sure you have pressing issues to attend to like reaclimating into the workforce, the ex, etc etc
My advice - sell the parts, take the money and put it into something that you can't spend, like maybe a CD or whatever, then shop for a good clean car to roll down the highway in and forget some of these problems.
And of course, eliminate those people in your life that are takers and suckers.
The ex sounds like a real gem. Consider yourself the lucky one in that deal.
Do like I did - when you get your GN or TR, whatever - make her new flop house your first stop and lay a drag that she can see every day coming home. Just to say - miss ya - bye bye! :D
Slores - which is why I rent - and don't buy.
The truck shop - I'm not even sure what to make of all that.
But a court might.

Last edited by a moderator:
Part it out. I know it sucks to say but thats how you will get your money out of it. When I see the frame and floors rotted it comes apart. Like stated above put the money in something you cant spend. where are you located?

Heisenberg,
I should have taken it to court but it was all done over a hand shake and that was almost two years ago.

chopped39,
I'm at Fort Campbell.

I agree with Heisenburg and Chopped 39. All common sense in this situation you're having. As for your wife.....I don't know how you can take that....you're a better man than I. So horrible to read....I really feel for you.

And always remember this, my friend.....all of us here truly appreciate your service to your country. Be safe and may God be with you.

Turbo Buicks.......always will be around, always replaceable....you'll get one when you're ready....first things first..........you are not replaceable, so, again, stay safe.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Heisenberg,
I should have taken it to court but it was all done over a hand shake and that was almost two years ago.
l.

I figured as much.
And even if it was just yesterday - it's still a bunch of he said / he said
Some handshake
They actually used to mean something.
At least when two men did it.

Attachments

• images (17).jpg
    images (17).jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 178
  • handshake.jpg
    handshake.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 185
Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's not right to treat a service member like that. I think it's time to part out the TB and get what you can for the pick up. Take that money and buy a dependable vehicle. No more fixer uppers for a while. Save what you can and when you're ready buy something from here that in good shape. Good luck.

I hate to say it as well, but it's time to cut things loose and regroup. If you've got everything to put 1 decent car together then try selling it as a project. If someone doesn't buy it then part it out. Once you get things straightened out then look for one that's in better shape that you can enjoy and mod if you want to. A lot of times you can pick up a nice car that's already done. A good vehicle, whether it's a truck or car is what you need right now so start looking for one that's in good condition that doesn't need a whole lot.

Hmmm I'm not sure but I'd sure like to know what shop did that to you so I could steer clear of them.
Good Luck

There's some really good advice here on the turbo buick board all great advice..
Thanx for ur service and you are the winner in this :)

Pronto,
After a ton of work the truck is very dependable, it just is not where it should be with the amount of money I gave said "friend".

Oh, from the way you described the truck I figured that shop messed up more than the paint and transmission. As far as the Buick goes, rust is a killer. Sure it can be fixed but not inexpensively. I'ld sell what you can off it and save for a better ride. Right now there are some beauties for sale at very reasonable prices, no where near what fixing yours would cost.

Yep, and said friend burned me also while I was deployed.

If he's the same a$$hole that knocked her up, he deserves all he WILL get..I wonder how he'll like paying child support for 20 yrs for a bad piece of a$$??

No my so called friend was a totally different a$$#ole. The guy that got my ex knocked up is married to that hooker now.

Don't know what happened to men these days.
Some of them act more like...I'm not even sure what the term is ...animals?