Everyone read

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I just want to say that I love the board. I have been a member for many years, and it is a great resource for knowledge and parts. I have met and befriended many great people on this board, and I'm greatful for it and all the people that keep it in operation. I have done plenty of transactions on this board, as well as other boards, and for the most part only had trouble once. The issue was eventually resolved, but took a long time. I have always assumed that it was buy at your own risk. Although I did graciously have help from the admins in getting my own issue resolved, at no time did I ever feel they were responsible in any way if things didn't get resolved, or work out. It was my deal, not there's. I think people should buy parts intelligently. Safe guard yourself. I have always gotten people's personal info before any money is exchanged, and using paypal with a credit card is always a good practice. I also found that a feedback system like we had on the old platform, or one like ebay implements would help greatly in the policing of the for sale section. I always found it to be helpful. Shady people had crappy feedback. People with low transaction numbers were less trustworthy than people constantly selling with high positive feedback numbers. To be honest, I always kinda wondered what ever happened to that when the platform changed. I think that in itself would greatly improve things. I don't like scammers anymore than anyone else does. If we can utilize something like a feedback system, and keep each other informed about who's misbehaving as in the past, I think things will be fine. Just my $.02.

After 2 hours of reading this thread including my non-exsistant typing skills, a simple thought popped into my mind after I posted that should be rather easy to implement.

Just make it a requirement that anyone posting an item For Sale, MUST include real name, address and phone number.

I know this a really odd internet method, but I bet it will keep the scammers away and it will make it very easy for verifying to whom you are sending the $$$$. :)

I also have little typing skills, Rarely have time to spend looking at all the different forms, When I do log in to check for information or parts I do so as viewing not replying unless really interested, I did buy a car off of here and made the mistake of taking the word of the seller description even after asking all sorts of questions and pictures. My lost when I had the car shipped and started digging into it. I had all the persons information, but I did not do anything because I could only blame myself. I would probably never get to the posts that most everyone here has that does not mean I'm a bad person, as the person that I bought from had way over the purposed set limit. "Say what you mean and do what you say"

Status
Not open for further replies.