Ever wonder how far 160lb injectors go on E-85?

its2qik

At 25lbs of boost we made 988rwhp, but the injectors were right at 99% DC.
We backed it down to 20lbs to keep around 10% headroom in the injector.

s2 + e85 + 88mm + 20lbs boost = 908rwhp

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 864
sick, what are you using to feed that bad boy. what size lines, return, reg etc.

Nice, madd power for 25psi. :eek:

Time to add the Methanol Injection, Meth will give you the head room you're looking for and keep that MAT temp nice and chilly at 25psi.

Pre and Post-Turbo Injection would be interesting to see on this combo.

What were MAT's at 25psi?
What intercooler?

Nice power-let me know if you want to sell the 160s- that would be enough power for my street car!

Nice power-let me know if you want to sell the 160s- that would be enough power for my street car!

I will definitely be selling them. If you are interested we could work something out now and I'll just put the 220s in my car.

The dyno sheet says all this happened at under 4300 rpm :confused: Was this on an engine dyno? If not, what convertor do you have to hold that much hp and boost at such a low rpm?

The dyno sheet says all this happened at under 4300 rpm :confused: Was this on an engine dyno? If not, what convertor do you have to hold that much hp and boost at such a low rpm?

Cal, Maybe it was the dyno rpm pick up:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing Tom. You know how much it skewed your data. Although, the 80mph sounds about right for 4200rpm in 3rd gear.

What fuel pump and size fuels are you running?

Aeromotive Pro Series pump. -12 feed with -10 to the front of the car.

The converter is a Neal Chance bolt-together.

I asked about this and he said that he doesn't use the tach pickup on a sparkplug wire for higher horsepower cars because the data gets skewed. He gets the car rolling to 3000rpms then calibrates the dyno for the pull. I'm sure that the rpm number shown isn't accurate.

In talking to others about this I'm told that this would produce an accurate HP number but a skewed torque number. I really don't know...

All I know is that the real story here is that it used up 160lb injectors which will tell you how much power the engine is making based on fuel consumption alone. And after driving this car I have no doubt this car is an easy low 9sec car to high 8s.

I've driven alot of fast cars, most of them my own (including my mid-7sec Mustang), and my butt dyno is usually pretty accurate.

thats what i was wondering....max power at 4242rpm?

Cal, Maybe it was the dyno rpm pick up:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing Tom. You know how much it skewed your data. Although, the 80mph sounds about right for 4200rpm in 3rd gear.

Would that not change the hp#?

See above.

220's should....

do what you need. May be a handful to get tamed for street driving???

In the "fwiw" dept: I just finished some 550's and 160's for a local shop....[These are staged, w/ the 550's on static when the 160's hit 50% dc.]
He is using strait meth @ 40# boost, 70psi fuel psi....
Is reporting a duty cycle at 95%:eek:

He's stepping up to 220/550 combo...:cool::cool:

Kinda a ****ty way to do it, how do you know what rpm the motor likes and or peak power?

do what you need. May be a handful to get tamed for street driving???

In the "fwiw" dept: I just finished some 550's and 160's for a local shop....[These are staged, w/ the 550's on static when the 160's hit 50% dc.]
He is using strait meth @ 40# boost, 70psi fuel psi....
Is reporting a duty cycle at 95%:eek:

He's stepping up to 220/550 combo...:cool::cool:

Wow....

how do you know what rpm the motor likes and or peak power?

I don't know and don't care. The car is a street cruiser and its fricken fast already. I'm not gonna beat it up at the race track.

Kinda a ****ty way to do it, how do you know what rpm the motor likes and or peak power?

Make 3 (if the tranny has 3 gears) runs on a chassis dyno in each gear. Overlay all three runs on the same graph. Where the hp (or torque, doesn't matter, you get the same answer) curve falls below the curve of the next highest gear, that is your shift point(s). This ensures that the maximum amount of hp (or tq) will be delivered during a run.

If the different gears causes the dyno to have an incorrect hp (or tq) reading, there is an alternate way to do this with one run.

its2quick - bad ass combo, love the build. Don't doubt the numbers at all, and like you stated its a street car so the numbers don't matter too much anyways.

The one thing I would comment on though in regards to the HP limit of the 160s on E85, is that maybe either your base fuel pressure could be increased or maybe the pump is at its limit or starting to go away. The only reason I suggest this is that I have seen 6 cyl cars (supras) make over 1100 to the tire with 160s on E85. I have also seen 6cyl make over 900 to the tire on a mustang dyno on E85 with 120s and 40psi base fuel pressure and about 88-90% injector duty cyle. That same 6cyl I am sure could break the 1000 barrier (if the motor would take it) with the 120s on E85 with the base FP bumped up as it has plenty of pump.

I agree there no reason to bump the injector size on your beast, as even with your combo turned down its more than enough for the street. :D