Engine Oil

Justin85

So I'm almost at the point of firing up my fresh build, It's all roller and I'm wondering if I should use 10-30 Mobil one?

I don't care for Mobile 1 and it has caused some issues with a few builds. You will get many opinions in this thread. The only thing that we all will agree on is change your oil when it is time.:( I use Valvoline VR1.

So I'm almost at the point of firing up my fresh build, It's all roller and I'm wondering if I should use 10-30 Mobil one?

Talk to your Engine builder. He can recommend the proper oil based on your clearances.

Valvoline VR1 as well here and even with teh roller cam I use half a bottle of zddp just to be safe.

Intrigued. Has anyone used amsoil..? I run 10w-30 castrol sythetic ona new build.So far so good. If she holds up after about 5k, plan to beat her bad. If she blows... take her back down rebuild in garage and start again. :)

Why in the hell would someone build a fresh engine that needs molasses in the crank case? Do you live at the equator or have one of those rare aircooled GNs?

Intrigued. Has anyone used amsoil..? I run 10w-30 castrol sythetic ona new build.So far so good. If she holds up after about 5k, plan to beat her bad. If she blows... take her back down rebuild in garage and start again. :)

Amsoil for 70k miles and zddp.