Engine dies when i let off the throttle

delcreek

Im having trouble with my car hopefully somebody can help me out. Car idles fine and drives fairly well but when give it gas then let off the engine dies.

Probably due to the size of converter you have. There is usually a feature in the chip that can either be added or modified to prevent the car from stalling. Find out what size converter you have and what chip?

Had an issue like this a while back that turned out to be very low fuel pressure. Had a bad gauge that read 10-12 psi low.

scanmaster readings are AF 04, BAT 13, BL 120-130 MOVES SLOWLY, CLT 205, ATS 109, RPM 825-850, TPS 44, IAC SLOWLY GOES DOWN AS IT WARMS UP I WAITED TILL IT GOT TO 10 BUT HANGS AROUND AT 38 TO 22 FOR A GOOD WHILE
I KNOW THE IAC SEEMS HIGH BUT AFTER I BLIP THE THROTTLE A COUPLE OF TIMES THE IAC STARTS TO GO DOWN
COULD MY BOOST CONTROLLER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS I BOUGHT AN RJC BOOST CONTROLLER AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO SET UP THE BOOST

THE CAR HAS PORTED HEADS, TE60 TURBO, 3000 STALL CONVERTER, 4" MAF PIPE, 3.5" LS1 MAF WITH TRANSLATOR,PRECISION PORTED PLENUM, WALBORO FUEL PUMP, EVERYTHING ELSE IS PRETTY MUCH STOCK. THE CAR IS AN 85 AND I CONVERTED THE ENGINE TO INTERCOOLED TYPE

The converter is a tci 3000 stall and the chip is stock as far as i know. I bought a conversion kit from gbodyparts

Im not sure if this is normal but when i took off the vacuum line the gauge didnt move, it stayed at around 28, i thought it was supposed to go to 42

Im not sure if this is normal but when i took off the vacuum line the gauge didnt move, it stayed at around 28, i thought it was supposed to go to 42

Fuel pressure should be 36-37 vac line on, and yes, when off you should have 40-43. Do you have an adjustable FP regulator?

Your FP seems low, I would be supicious of the fuel pump for starters (or a restricion, fuel filter, pinched line). Although I'm not sure if that would be the cause of your problem. I recall when I had a Walbro pump die..........I kept loosing FP (low 30's) but I don't think the motor stalled as your indicating.

It should go up 5-6 psi with the vaccum line off. With the engine off, does the regulator hold vacuum? Could be a bad regulator, or as guss stated fuel filter or pump. I would check the regulator first, it should definitely raise fp when the line is disconnected.