Engine Cranks, turns on, kinda sputters, then shuts off

do you have an air filter you have the drill a hole to put the iat in

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

he is talking about in the end of the cone thee metal or plastic part at the end opposite to the maf

I think you may need to extend the iat wire to reach the outer edge of a cone Fter if I'm not mistaken. I'll post up a picture later of the iat hole drilled into the end of the filter if your not following.

he is talking about in the end of the cone thee metal or plastic part at the end opposite to the maf
I think I'm following. Yes, I do have a filter. It is open-ended tho (not fully, the mesh part of the cone is there, just like the rest of the cone) Not a hard plastic. & yes, opposite side of the MAF. So I wouldn't be to drill into it. It is a Spectre filter that came on the car. It's about a 9" cone.

Last edited:
I think I'm following. Yes, I do have a filter. It is open-ended tho (not fully, the mesh part of the cone is there, just like the rest of the cone) Not a hard plastic. So I wouldn't be to drill into it.
Yeah, there isn't much slack there so whatever I do, I will prob need to extend the wire to reach. I would still appreciate a photo. Thank u!

Also, does the length of the cone really matter? I was thinkin of getting a shorter one cuz it's kind of a tight fit.

i think you can also run the iat sensor can also be mounted in the charge pipes i will be corrected if im wrong

here is what im talking about

Attachments

• iat sensor pod.jpg
    iat sensor pod.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 63
Alright! I got it fixed. I bought an IAT & another pipe extension. Drilled a hole in the extension & installed the IAT & what do u know... No more check engine light. Thank u God! :)

Thanks for everyone that helped me in all this. This forum is a tremendous help to me! Now on to that next part. High fuel pressure...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Get an inlet air temp sender and install it between the air filter and MAF sensor. That should solve the remaining codes. Not having an AT sensor plugged in will definitely light up the ses.

Get an inlet air temp sender and install it between the air filter and MAF sensor. That should solve the remaining codes. Not having an AT sensor plugged in will definitely light up the ses.
Got it! I did exactly that. The code went away. Thanks for responding! The car is coming along