Electrical Question

FastGN007

I am not getting power from the control head to the resistor for my blower. The power Trunk release also stopped working. Could there be a fuse that i have blown? I am going to check tomorrow but any info on either of these two issues is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

What speeds are missing on your fan. If all speeds are missing, it is probably the fan switch behind the control head. If only high is missing, the problem is probably in a melted plug that connects direct power to the fan when high is selected.

melted plug?

Hey, where does this plug melt at? Is it at the A/C control head or closer to the blower motor? I am just missing high on my car and I threw a high speed fan relay at it for grins but that didn't fix it. To be honest, it really hasn't bothered me enough to fix yet, but hey, if there is a commonality to the problem, I might as well take car of it.

Thanks in advance guys,

Matt Burns

The plug is way back in the engine compartment on the passenger side. It has two heavy red wires going into it. The plug will melt, and break the connection. When you find the two wires (back near the antenna connection area) reconnect them with a butt connecter.