Ebay has new GN Sheetmetal Valve Covers for $120?

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER
Disco Stu, I talked to Bob and it looks as if our covers are going to be clones of each other.

Hope they show up soon, these sure did look nice polished. :cool:

BTW I sure hope that these will be tall enough for you, as the measurements I gave him were for TA heads which have a pretty high gasket rail.

Still waiting on my replacement set from Bob.

My old polished covers are back up for sale considering I have not heard or seen anything from the so called buyer in weeks. Check them out in the parts for sale section.

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
I want a pair of the new style fot the TA heads. Going on my TTA.

I got mine today. I ordered them 2.25 tall, but I forgot to specify at the lowest point. They ended up measuring 2.25 where the top of the valvecovers crown, my fault I guess? I did tell him I wanted 2.25 clearance from the gasket rail. So IT IS CLOSE. With a gasket I think I will have about 1/16 or so clearance. :eek:

I am going to go see here in a little bit.

But they look pretty bitchin.

Don's have an engine in the car to put these on but this will give you an idea. If this does not work copy and past url in sig.

361189279KVewyT_ph.jpg

361189406wIaLGG_ph.jpg

Sorry about camera quality.

Geez it's close. I have 1/16 clearance at full lift. Might have to stack 2 gaskets siliconed together for another 1/8 clearance. But at least it will go on. Lack of communication I guess. Since I will be periodically lashing valves on a solid cam at least I should have as much room as possible between the heater box.

But they do look pretty pimp if I do say so myself.

I got my new set, which are the smaller 2 1/4 covers.

Unfortunately his email was down a few days and one of my emails had stated how our covers ( disco stu ) could not be the same size due to yours being for the TA heads.

I initially thought you were getting the stock head covers and caused more confusion with my first email saying make ours the same.

So, I have a set of TA 2 1/4" cover for sale now also.

Thats make a set of 3 7/16ths for sale and 2 1/4".

My new 3" covers are coming soon:D
These will fit the stock head and our buddy Bob the aluminum valve cover guy will have 3 sets of valve covers for the GN crowd.

The stock heads at 3"
The TA Aluminum head at 2 1/4"
And no ac box at 3 7/16ths.

Thanks Boston Boy. Pics do no justice. They are going to change the look of the engine for sure.

I chose to make my own breather holes so the breather would not be above the rockers for less splash and or interference.

Are theese cover being produced to fit stock headed cars? All the measurements worked out? will they clear roller rockers?
Please let me know where i can get more info. :D
Thanks,
Mike

I am not sure if anyone has given him dimensions that will clear the heater box. The ones he made originally were very tall. He can make whatever height you need at no additional cost. But you would probably be best off giving him your dimensions so you can avoid getting a set too tall. If someone could give this guy dimensions that would work with stock and roller rockers then he could probably establish a height to make these without custom specs.

I measured how tall the rocker is above the gasket rail and added 1/2" for a fudge factor. They came out perfect and are still shorter than my Turbo 6 TA covers were with iron heads. HTH

Here is how they look on my motor

Attachments

• 109-0907_IMG.JPG
    109-0907_IMG.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 84
So your saying I can buy a pair for my stock TTA heads? Where do I pay? ;)

Do I just try to get a hold of him by phone or e mail?

Soon as I get a pair I will post pics

Thanks
Bo